Blooie's Blankie Fort

As it stands right now out of 26 eggs put in lock down 20 have hatched . Three didn't pip at all,and it looks like another one died during the zip process. I have one that has a tiny pip in it, but has made no progress all day long.
The final one has a hole in it about a little bigger than a dime. I can see its head and beak moving,but it can't seem to get into position to zip. When I get home in the morning if its still alive I will try to assist it. By then it will be about 28 hours like that, so it should have absorbed its yoke by then. I've never done it before, so I'm a little nervous about it.

Another update:
When I got home from work this morning the one I was going to assist had died over night. The one that had the tiny pip that didn't do anything all day yesterday, hatch out during the night. The three that didn't pip at all I candled and they had died. So I ended up with 21 chicks out of the 26 that went into lock down.

Okay, okay...we'll share Sweet Pea....but if you ever see the video you'll know why I decided on that name!
lau.gif
Even Katie sings it with me! Too funny!

You could share, or you could just remove the 't' and name it swee'pea.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

0.jpg

Last edited:
I think I spotted you Blooie!
wink.png
On the far left, right? ;)

'Oooolder laaaaadies. Ooooolder laaaaadies." Totally stuck in my head now.
I know, right???? I had to learn to pick it and Katie and I sing it at the top of our lungs! Yes, that was me in the purple long dress!
lau.gif
(not!) And it has chickens in it so it's thread-worthy!

Last edited:
Another update:
When I got home from work this morning the one I was going to assist had died over night. The one that had the tiny pip that didn't do anything all day yesterday, hatch out during the night. The three that didn't pip at all I candled and they had died. So I ended up with 21 chicks out of the 26 that went into lock down.
Sorry about the death, but glad the pip made it!! 21 out of 26 is a GREAT hatch! Congratulations!!!!
jumpy.gif

sasafras4u2
So okay I finally have 6 healthy chicks. 1 chick with curled toe paralysis. 2 DIS during hatching. One quitter was probably about day 18. So the FI was most consistent with heat and humidity. And the quietest. But the invcaview would have been fine except for the day I found the lid off. For prob 12 hrs. I think it caused them to be about a day later. But lookie what arrived today!

20 barnyard mixed,(Roosters are:Sumatra,Crele Orp,Langshan, mixed, Polish, Bantam welsummers
Hens: Welsummer, , Blue copper marans, cuckoo marans, EE and olive eggers, Bantam olive eggers, Langshan, games and mixes, polish, Ameracanu, ,Bantam welsummers,light Brahma, .Rhode island red, leghorn) from ebay packed very well. No damaged eggs.
7 isabell leghorn with possibility of split to brown leghorn, 7 ayam cemani thank you BYC member also packed very very well. 10 sizzle silkies ( one looks scrambled)from ebay that were packed horribly (6 not in the pic because they were shattered,16 total I paid for 12.) Going to give them a day or 2 to rest. Going to set them Saturday or sunday!!!!!!

I hope that my eggs are doing good for you! I put 8 quail eggs, and 5 chukar eggs into lockdown tonight! I have pheasant, and duck eggs going to hatch next week sometime. Oh ya and I have 7 BROODIES now... Great more chicks...

Back
Top Bottom