Blooie's Blankie Fort

Welcome! Um, don't peanut M&Ms have chocolate in the middle to keep the peanuts from rattling around in there? Keep us posted on the hatch! We had a pip, a zip and done, a pip, a zip, and done and then, depressingly, nothing in any of the other eggs. But I'm still pretty hopeful about the ones Katiebug and I set last Friday. I know her Silkie didn't make it, and I don't think her Bantams will either, but Grampa bought her a couple of little Bantams that she got to put in the brooder.

Oh, and NO Legos allowed in my fort!
wink.png

Last edited:
Blooie, may I just ask some curiosity questions? Is there a proportion of eggs that is expected not to hatch? Like in a commercial setup, do they allow for a percentage of "non-viables".

Also, when you are hatching eggs, is there an expected proportion of male/female or is it totally random? Like, in a commercial setup, would they be getting 50/50, some other proportion, or is it just "whatever"?

Blooie, may I just ask some curiosity questions? Is there a proportion of eggs that is expected not to hatch? Like in a commercial setup, do they allow for a percentage of "non-viables".

Also, when you are hatching eggs, is there an expected proportion of male/female or is it totally random? Like, in a commercial setup, would they be getting 50/50, some other proportion, or is it just "whatever"?
Those are really good questions, PChip...and I have no idea. There, I said it. Some folks get 100% hatch, others like me aren't so fortunate, and most fall in that "in-between"point. I'd settle for below average rather than pee-poor at this point!

Same goes for proportion of boys to girls. Just the luck of the draw most times, although @lazy gardener has been working on an experiment to see if egg shape can be a predictor.

Welcome! Um, don't peanut M&Ms have chocolate in the middle to keep the peanuts from rattling around in there? Keep us posted on the hatch! We had a pip, a zip and done, a pip, a zip, and done and then, depressingly, nothing in any of the other eggs. But I'm still pretty hopeful about the ones Katiebug and I set last Friday. I know her Silkie didn't make it, and I don't think her Bantams will either, but Grampa bought her a couple of little Bantams that she got to put in the brooder.

Oh, and NO Legos allowed in my fort!
wink.png
Nothing chocolate, Blooie, not even one thing???? What about white chocolate??? I can not imagine life w/o chocolate.
wink.png

Not white or pink or purple or any color! If there's one part per million of chocolate in something, I can taste it! Now, you wanna know what's really stupid about that? I like chocolate pudding and I like hot chocolate. Nothing else, no way no how.
idunno.gif

Does it still count if the only time I have my one annual dish of chocolate pudding and my one cup of hot chocolate happens to fall on Christmas Eve and no other time?

Back
Top Bottom