Blooie's Blankie Fort

Um, does she have hair? Does said hair stay on her body completely?
Yes, she has hair. It doesn't stay on her body completely when I get the clippers and scissors to her.

How do chickens know all this stuff about humidity and turning and all that? They must be very clever little chook people.

Thanks, I saw the Turner alone was 80 dollars, you have me looking around, I'm not actually hatching anything at the moment, but in case I need to I better get educated too. I was kinda worried I would actually win some eggs than have no clue what to do, so I'm relieved it's you. If you feel like someone is following you closely behind, it's probably me.
Can I join you??? Let's do a Congo line and keep asking Blooie questions...
lau.gif
It will distract her.

So here is my question: How much is a Hovabator? A FArm Innovators 4200?? What is the difference?

I think the fully equipped ones are around 125 dollars up to 200, that's what I've been seeing. Hopefully Blooie will share.

Just did my first candling EVER.... day 4... all 10 have vessels. One might have had a blood ring no smell I put it back in. I could actually see the embryo in several and then I saw in one the heart beating.... I got so excited I almost dropped the egg. WOW

Can I join you??? Let's do a Congo line and keep asking Blooie questions...
lau.gif
It will distract her.

So here is my question: How much is a Hovabator? A FArm Innovators 4200?? What is the difference?
Hovabators are better. It depends what model you are looking at. The 1588 has the picture window and is digital and runs about $150 w/o the turner add another $50 for the turner if you choose. The 1583 has the picture window but not the digital control and is about $105 w/turner. You can still get some of the older models that are still air for cheaper. The FI you can get as a bundle for around $129.
Over all the Hovabator is more reliable. Has higher satisfaction rate than the FI which is more divided between positive and negative ratings

So far I'm happy with the FI. I think it was about $125.00 or so. Do I wish we could have bought a higher end one with better reviews? Yep. But here where the nearest farm store, Walmart and decent fast food joints are a 50 mile drive one way, when you find what you need you buy it. I had 2 boxes of eggs waiting for me at home and one little Brinsea that wasn't going to hold them all, so Ken just picked up the box and said, "This'll work."
lau.gif

Let's see how it all works out. Shipped eggs, first time hatcher, and new incubators are a tricky combination at best!

So I think I'll bring yogurt covered pretzels to the fort, with enough to share of course!

Can you share a pic of your set up with us Blooie? And is your granddaughter excited about the hatching eggs?

Day 6! I had the kids (Katie, Evan and Kendra) at 5:00 am because Jen had an early medical appointment, and of course it was still dark. So I took Katie and Evan back to the room where the big incubator is and took out an egg that I saw development in before. I shined the light in there and they got to see that tiny red spot move!! Well, now that chick better hatch and it better be a girl because Katie's already named it - she calls it "Dancing Queen" or "Queenie" for short. They were both as fascinated as I was!

Got the day 7 candling tomorrow. I think I figured out how to do it without removing the eggs from the incubator. I tried it on a couple this morning - just opened the top and held the light on them - and it seemed to work. I ain't no expert on this, but seems the less handling the better.

Day 6! I had the kids (Katie, Evan and Kendra) at 5:00 am because Jen had an early medical appointment, and of course it was still dark. So I took Katie and Evan back to the room where the big incubator is and took out an egg that I saw development in before. I shined the light in there and they got to see that tiny red spot move!! Well, now that chick better hatch and it better be a girl because Katie's already named it - she calls it "Dancing Queen" or "Queenie" for short. They were both as fascinated as I was!

Got the day 7 candling tomorrow. I think I figured out how to do it without removing the eggs from the incubator. I tried it on a couple this morning - just opened the top and held the light on them - and it seemed to work. I ain't no expert on this, but seems the less handling the better.
clap.gif
That's adorable!

Back
Top Bottom