BLRW from chicken scratch poultry?

i was wondering how you ended up with your order. i am getting some in april 2013
I am NOT happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Araucana hens have had a problem laying....they attempted to lay their first egg and could not pass the egg so I had to cull them. This has happened twice, I have 1 more Araucana hen left and she has not attempted to lay yet... I am concerned she is next. My BLRW started laying and then stopped laying and started molting this winter. So I have not gotten much for my efforts. I am going with hatchery birds this time, hopefully I will have a better experience.

I was extremely disappointed with their stock. White spots on the Black Marans, very dark blue laced, only 1 of 10 Araucana hatched, she is black. Eggs are not colorful at all....and I feed all organic grains and pasture my flock. I would never order from Chicken Scratch Poultry again.

I ordered a dozen BLRW hatching eggs. The website promised at least 2 extras. When it got close to ship time I got an email concerned they might not have enough for my order but would credit any they were short. Then I got an email that 2 light sussex eggs got mixed in with my eggs. They offered to start over or refund my money but I told them just to send them anyway figuring they would be extra since it was their mistake. Well I only got 13 eggs. I didn't get 2 extra & 2 of the ones I got weren't even the right breed. They didn't refund any money either. 5 chicks hatched. 3 were black laced, 1 was splash, & of course 1 was light sussex. No blue laced. They are about 7 weeks & coloring looks pretty good but I am new to BLRWs.

Sounds like chicken scratch poultry....they also told me that they always sent extra eggs and did not send any to me. One was splash? What breed? They don't carry anything that would be a splash? Maybe an Easter Egger? My hatch rate was terrible from them. Never again. Can you post some photos?

Can you post photos of the chicks? Sad, I would never but from Chicken Scratch Poultry again. I had the same issues AND a bad hatch. ...plus the eggs were not the color they bragged about on their site. Not to mention the birds , especially the Marans had white spots on wings...bad breeding. I am wondering what breed the Splash is? Also would like to see the black laced...they should look blue?

I ordered a dozen BLRW hatching eggs. The website promised at least 2 extras. When it got close to ship time I got an email concerned they might not have enough for my order but would credit any they were short. Then I got an email that 2 light sussex eggs got mixed in with my eggs. They offered to start over or refund my money but I told them just to send them anyway figuring they would be extra since it was their mistake. Well I only got 13 eggs. I didn't get 2 extra & 2 of the ones I got weren't even the right breed. They didn't refund any money either. 5 chicks hatched. 3 were black laced, 1 was splash, & of course 1 was light sussex. No blue laced. They are about 7 weeks & coloring looks pretty good but I am new to BLRWs.
They were blue laced red wyandottes. They are suppose to come in blue, black, & splash laced. I may be wrong but I am thinking they saw they were going to be short on blrw eggs & "accidently" mixed light sussex in to keep from having to refund money thinking I would be satisfied with them since they do charge $1 more for those. Its funny they advertise the light sussex laying a light pink egg but even they couldn't tell them apart from the blrw eggs. 2 or 3 more did make it to lockdown but didn't hatch so mine developed pretty

decently.

Yes, they also told me about the 'pink' eggs. Mine were not pink at all...simply beige, just like others. They also claimed eggs were Robin's egg blue when they were simply pale blue and that their Marans eggs were dark chocolate brown when they were only medium brown. my hen lays a medium brown egg, I have no pink and my blue is pale. I think this is an area that should be regulated a bit more....their truth in advertising is lacking. I never heard of black laced red wyandottes...only blue.

So why aren't they sold that way? It seems rather wrong to advertise blue laced when they are breeding with so may variations. I am just curious.

So why aren't they sold that way? It seems rather wrong to advertise blue laced when they are breeding with so may variations. I am just curious.
Yes they should mention that you will get a mix of blue/black/splash. I already knew when I ordered so I didn't even notice that they didn't mention it. I would have really been disappointed if I had expected to receive all blue.

Back
Top Bottom