BLRW from chicken scratch poultry?

I have gotten 24 chicks from Chicken Scratch. I only orderd 16. My chicks are only 5 weeks old, so seeing quality, I would have a hard time with. They seem quite cute so far. I LOVE the gray colored Ameracaunas and OE's. Although, I am not sure I would care as I only have them for fun and for eggs. I have to say that Chicken Scratch was wonderful to deal with, animals were healthy, packed well and they had great communication. Here's hoping for more Hens Than Roos!!!!
fl.gif

Oh wow, hope I haven't made a mistake! I just ordered a few BLRW pullets from them yesterday......

Very old post i know, but thought this would add some value for others searching old posts. just visited a lady that bought her hens from chicken scratch poultry. I have lived in the area for about 18 years and did not know of CSP only 40 miles from me. I dont know about show or breeding quality, i only have pet quality, but i will say her hens were very healthy and beautiful. All were friendly and docile. The feathering was very rich. She said they were great layers too. The eggs she showed me were of nice size and shape, but only the olive egger egg color was consistant with the website pictures. The others did seem more faint in color. The 2 in the picture are from CSM. She also had the BO, CM,WW. She purchased them as pullets. I really fell for the lavender orpington, she was gorgeous! From what I saw of them and not being concerned about showing or breeding i would buy from them for the beauty, health, egg production, and shipping savings. Being this area doesnt offer much as far as quality chickens, they are the best i've seen around here, but that doesnt say much I guess.

Note: the white on the LO back is just flash from camera.

Back
Top Bottom