Blue Andalusian thread!

Thanks so much, that really helps.

So all of the little grey chicks grow up to be at least somewhat laced, is that right? It had seemed they were more difficult to tell apart, but if there's just three chick varieties, obviously yellowy-grey, obviously very much darker, and obviously splotchy grey that's not too bad. WIth my five I had hoped to get all different kinds which was a long shot I realize, but it looks like I ended up with three "blues" and two splash.

One of my blue chicks has much more creamy color around her face than the other two. THought maybe she was a different morph. Or whatever. Not sure of the vocabulary here. Guess she must just be her own gal.

Thanks again for your help.

navajas

I live in central Michigan Lolli, mine laid on through this winter. We had a milder winter than the sub zero freeze of the year before. They did far better. They're back to laying almost full strength for 3 weeks now.

Quick question for the Blue Andalusian experts:

We got this chick a couple of weeks ago from the local TSC "assorted bantams". Could it possibly be a bantam Blue Andalusian?
Here it is when we brought it home.
fe0edb4387bff66fa0181dfaa39fbeea.jpg
99f6647ae3b9597c5b1c94c349a66bfe.jpg
bce0b2015d05c4468b47c6e4461a5e7d.jpg

Here it is at about 2 weeks old:
f6988e7c772ab67c1259a784422137ec.jpg
c7798691fda9cebaf40085ea66a2a8d5.jpg

If you don't think it is, can you explain why?

Thanks.

That makes sense. I can definitely see the difference. I'm still learning about combs, differences in leg color, etc.

The coloring was so close, I figured it was worth a shot. Oh well, back to the drawing board to figure out what breed Little Jo is.
Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I can share my own thread here to help you out with some pictures. The colors of Andalusians are; Black, Blue and Splash, no solid white
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1047549/the-andalusian-picture-thread
Wait, so you're saying that it is not possible for Blue Andalusians to come in white? I am interested because we just got 2 Blue Andalusians today, 1 blue and 1 I'm hoping it's a splash but I'm worried it may also be white, can anyone give me some clarification? Thank you!

P.S - I will defiantly be following this thread, with the new little Blue Andalusians we got! So excited to learn more about them, we got them because we wanted some white eggs.

Hi! Although I am not currently an Andalusian owner, I very much want to be! We have found a breeder who has hatching eggs and the most beautiful andalusians I have ever seen. We have a broody marans a the moment so maybe.... :)

I have a couple of questions: How good a layer are they? and What are the temperaments of males like? I don't mind skittishness but don't want aggression. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom