Blue Andalusian thread!

Wait, so you're saying that it is not possible for Blue Andalusians to come in white? I am interested because we just got 2 Blue Andalusians today, 1 blue and 1 I'm hoping it's a splash but I'm worried it may also be white, can anyone give me some clarification? Thank you!
Andalusians don't come in pure white. When the Splash chicks are little they look all yellow but start getting specks after about 4-5 weeks. They get more "splashy" as they get older, some more than others.

Hi! Although I am not currently an Andalusian owner, I very much want to be! We have found a breeder who has hatching eggs and the most beautiful andalusians I have ever seen. We have a broody marans a the moment so maybe.... :)

I have a couple of questions: How good a layer are they? and What are the temperaments of males like? I don't mind skittishness but don't want aggression. Thank you :)
They are excellent layers, even through the winter. I've never had a rooster Andalusian so I can't comment on their temperament. It's a VERY flighty breed though, so I hope you don't plan on trying to confine them.

Andalusians don't come in pure white. When the Splash chicks are little they look all yellow but start getting specks after about 4-5 weeks. They get more "splashy" as they get older, some more than others.
Ok, thank you for that. She is older now is defiantly splash, thank you though!

Last edited:
They are excellent layers, even through the winter. I've never had a rooster Andalusian so I can't comment on their temperament. It's a VERY flighty breed though, so I hope you don't plan on trying to confine them.
Thank you Bridebeliever! I am so glad they are decent layers, as although it is mostly about their looks, egg production does influence me. I am quite keen on quite skittish, feisty girls. I do not plan to confine them, their hen house will be in a stable and they will be able to free range in two acres of woodland/pasture.
big_smile.png

This is Trouble, my blue Andalusian at 6 weeks. She is a handful, but aptly named. Trouble is an escape artist. I bought a rare breed variety from mypetchicken.com because I was not sure what breeds I wanted. Trouble is my only Andalusian. She has settled down since we moved the chicks from the brooder pen to their new forever home. Her best friend in the flock is a Polish named Alice. They love to dust bath together and are usually seen eating and foraging together.

This is Trouble, my blue Andalusian at 6 weeks. She is a handful, but aptly named. Trouble is an escape artist. I bought a rare breed variety from mypetchicken.com because I was not sure what breeds I wanted. Trouble is my only Andalusian. She has settled down since we moved the chicks from the brooder pen to their new forever home. Her best friend in the flock is a Polish named Alice. They love to dust bath together and are usually seen eating and foraging together.

Trouble looks like our Larry( ba hen) who is also an escape artist. Larry is our favorite. I hate to pick a favorite, but everyone just loves Larry!

Back
Top Bottom