Blue Andalusian thread!

My girl, she's around 22 weeks, no eggs yet

She's beautiful. She looks just like my girl Blu. Mine is kinda mean. I just posted stating that I think mine just started laying and she's @ 44 weeks? I just didn't realize she wasn't laying. Lol maybe that's why Blu was so mean. She's been needing to lay. Haha.

She's beautiful. She looks just like my girl Blu. Mine is kinda mean. I just posted stating that I think mine just started laying and she's @ 44 weeks? I just didn't realize she wasn't laying. Lol maybe that's why Blu was so mean. She's been needing to lay. Haha.

Mine started laying a few weeks ago, she's a little more submissive now. Very consistent layer of smallish white eggs. I hope they get bigger.

Hi. I have a Splash Roo cockerel and a Blue Pullet. The pullet just started laying. No pics as of now but my question is about her laying. I have gotten 3 eggs from her.... I think. Has anyone had a light pink from theirs? She is my only layer that is not blue or brown. I'm pretty sure this is her egg but has a very light pinkish tinge to it and wondered if anyone else has a pinkish color. My 2nd question is, does anyone have issues with them not laying in the nest box? Of the 3 eggs, all 3 are laid in the coop. First 2 were in the corner and this morning's was right dead in the middle where, I'm shocked it was not cracked or broken because all the others were doing their pace before going into a box.

Deltabwa mine lays a white egg. The only way to find out is to try and catch her in the act. At least that was what I had to do. I had trouble with all my new girls laying in the floor. I just kept placing their eggs in the nest and they eventually figured it out. I have 5 boxes and 9 girls 8 of them are laying and they all want to lay in the same nest.

Deltabwa mine lays a white egg. The only way to find out is to try and catch her in the act. At least that was what I had to do. I had trouble with all my new girls laying in the floor. I just kept placing their eggs in the nest and they eventually figured it out. I have 5 boxes and 9 girls 8 of them are laying and they all want to lay in the same nest.
Yea, I have been trying but always seem to miss it. And to make it more fun, today I found an egg UNDER the coop. That was fun getting it out lol

My two girls also lay white eggs, maybe yours could be a mix? Or maybe its not her egg, someone elses. Every now and then one of my chickens will lay on the floor but they mostly lay in the boxes, you could try putting some golf balls or fake wooden eggs in the nest boxes, then they might be tempted because it looks like others did it. Lol, the egg under the coop is interesting, wonder who did that...lol. :p

My two girls also lay white eggs, maybe yours could be a mix? Or maybe its not her egg, someone elses. Every now and then one of my chickens will lay on the floor but they mostly lay in the boxes, you could try putting some golf balls or fake wooden eggs in the nest boxes, then they might be tempted because it looks like others did it. Lol, the egg under the coop is interesting, wonder who did that...lol.
tongue.png
There are eggs in there already. And I've been trying to get her. I'm gonna see if I can get a store bought egg and take a pic to compare. It's possible it's not hers but I think it is. I'll keep trying til I can verify. thanks :) I'll have to get a current pic when the snow melts... IF the snow melts lol And I don't know but I sure hope they don't do it again! lol

Back
Top Bottom