Blue Australorp breeder (on very small scale) all the way from Western Australia

CB and CG

Songster
6 Years
May 9, 2013
Perth Hills, Western Australia
Hi everyone,
We have been lurking this website for 2-3 years and have finally decided to join. As the title suggests we breed (on a super small scale) blue and black Australorps. And yes, we are from Western Australia. Look forward to chatting with you all.
BTW CB and CG stands for chookboyandchookgirl. This is our username on other Australian forum sites.

Last edited:
Hi newburt,
Since you do not have many blue Australorps in America yet, you obviously want to start your own line.
Firstly find a great laced Blue Orpington. it is important that it has very good lacing though. By using a well laced blue rather than a splash will save you a lot of time with better results.
Cross your blue Orpington to black Australorps. Keep the blues and sell the blacks as crossbreeds.
Cross this your first gen back to Black Australorps and once again keep blues and sell blacks as crossbreeds.
Repeat this for another 3 generations and then you have Your base line of Blue Australorps.
Once you have your line of Blues select only the best to breed with according to the SOP (eg dark eyes, black/slate legs, right type)
Hope this was clear, if not I can clarify it for you.
Realistically this project will take an absolute MINIMUM of five to seven years as you are creating a variety within a breed.

welcome-byc.gif
Good to have another Aussie - we usually get a few each day. I'm still learning myself - never knew there were blue Australorps. I'd love to see a photo of one. Emu's are getting very popular here with some of the chicken people and I enjoy reading about them.

BLUE aussies. They are great!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard. Have a look out for the Aussie threads, I'm on the one called. Australia.....six states and that that funny little island.
Get one there and share your Blue aussies
big_smile.png
, they look great!

Back
Top Bottom