Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Using a dark Blue Copper male will give the same result and more even color than using a Black Copper male. What is nice about the forum we can read and use what we think will work for us.

Would be nice if VICKI would show us some of the Blue Copper pictures on this thread.

Using a dark Blue Copper male will give the same result and more even color  than using a Black Copper male. What is nice about the forum we can read and use what we think will work for us.

Would be nice if VICKI would show us some of the Blue Copper pictures on this thread.

X2!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my 1 blue copper marans hen that I kept from the group I hatch from Pinkchicks eggs
big_smile.png

The 2 eggs on the left side are what she lays and is a consistant layer
She hangs out in the layer pen as we have no blue copper boys.

Can't wait to see photos of quality Blue Copper Marans. I purchased a cockerel a few weeks ago, and although he might not have breedable traits, he's definitely a keeper because of his gentle temperament.

Yay!!! I am glad to see that someone has started a thread for Blue Coppers. We love them and have been working with them for about three years. We have been successful showing them and plan to be dedicated with the project of getting them recognized by the APA in a couple of years. That is one of the things that we plan to discuss with the Marans USA group at Newnan.

This is a picture of one of our cocks that was used in a magazine last year. I hope to get some pullet pictures to post at the show in Ft Worth this weekend. Well so much for that idea. I tried to upload the picture three times and nothing happened.

Ernie Haire
Arp, Texas
www.Marans2XL.com

Yay!!! I am glad to see that someone has started a thread for Blue Coppers. We love them and have been working with them for about three years. We have been successful showing them and plan to be dedicated with the project of getting them recognized by the APA in a couple of years. That is one of the things that we plan to discuss with the Marans USA group at Newnan.

This is a picture of one of our cocks that was used in a magazine last year. I hope to get some pullet pictures to post at the show in Ft Worth this weekend. Well so much for that idea. I tried to upload the picture three times and nothing happened.

Ernie Haire
Arp, Texas
www.Marans2XL.com
Ernie, we also started a Black, Blue and Splash thread today also. We need some pictures in both threads when you have time.

what the heck....I post on here but forget to subscribe so lost it all over again. I'll keep working on photos, but have a wee complication...the furnace decides to crap out on the coldest night we've had so far. Trying to find someone that can come and look at it asap and setting up portable heaters for the night incase

These are all photos of Luella from the time she was about 2 weeks old. Photos that most of you probably have seen at different times.

Luella's first egg. I'm hoping to make some more progress on the color, but for a second generation blue copper, I'm not unhappy with it at all

Back
Top Bottom