Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Thanks so much Kim. I'm definitely enjoying watching this batch of chicks growing out, they have a lot of really good qualities. Its a boost to see all the hard work paying off for sure.

Huge bonus! Did some monkeying around with my 2 males today just to keep them on their toes, and used to being handled. Nothing I cannot stand more than a stand-offish bird. Even though they get under foot from time-to-time because they are overly friendly, the time I spend with them is very much worth it. :)

Huge bonus! Did some monkeying around with my 2 males today just to keep them on their toes, and used to being handled. Nothing I cannot stand more than a stand-offish bird. Even though they get under foot from time-to-time because they are overly friendly, the time I spend with them is very much worth it.
smile.png
I completely agree, I like them to be curious about people and not fearful of them or mean turds. Just won't put up with a mean one, no matter how nice they look.

For sure! Are you thinking of using him over splash, blue, or black?
I'll probably do a few test matings, for sure the first and top priority will be to cross onto the black hens and get the 100% blue. I've got a few nice black coppers. I for sure will also cross him on Luella and a couple other real beefy and well built blue and splash hens. I'm hoping after these chicks grow out more and the next batch of chicks grow out more, that I'll have a nice pool of pullets to replace some of my older stock. I'd like to be able to have several cockerels and only the best hens and pullets. Now that I'm past the merging of different hatching egg lines, I'm working on my third generation of my own line and can afford to sell some of the hens as layers that are not quite a built as the ones that are completely my own line.

Back
Top Bottom