Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Mine love watermelon, cucumbers, scrambled eggs. They are less picky than my pigs!

scrambled egg ,they love them .

I give them earth worm .cricket and all sort of bugs I can find .

best photos are taking after a cricket treat . they chase them and run around with them ,trying to still them from each other .

they come all pump up and they comb and face goes red .

when they come back for more I take photos ,they don t mind it , they just want more of what is in the box .

chooks man

Great Ideas! Thanks!!
celebrate.gif
I'll go see what I can gather up for them today.

That says a lot CuzChickens, I've always heard that pigs eat practically everything!!
lol.png

Went to the sale last night and bout 4 dozen French copper Maran eggs... Some r beautiful beet red and others r lighter but brown... What do u make of this? I was going to hatch out all beet colored eggs together and all lighter eggs separately to c if any difference.

This is my blues first egg... I wonder if I should try to hatch these out this winter and by spring the babies will b almost mature.... Any idea's? Or, since these r her first eggs, maybe they won't b as good yet until she gets some maturity on her?

This is my blues first egg... I wonder if I should try to hatch these out this winter and by spring the babies will b almost mature.... Any idea's? Or, since these r her first eggs, maybe they won't b as good yet until she gets some maturity on her?

nice looking egg ,nice shape and sheen .
Do no incubate her egg . she is a pullet..wait for her to mature .

chooks man

Went to the sale last night and bout 4 dozen French copper Maran eggs... Some r beautiful beet red and others r lighter but brown... What do u make of this? I was going to hatch out all beet colored eggs together and all lighter eggs separately to c if any difference.

they are nice more than half of them are good color .

hatch only the dark one .that will make it easy for you to select chicks when they are fully grown .

good luck to you .

chooks man

they are nice more than half of them are good color .

hatch only the dark one .that will make it easy for you to select chicks when they are fully grown .

good luck to you .

chooks man

OK... I've hot the darkest in a separate incubator and will take pics and keep them separate when the emerge... Due date >> 11th

The lighter ones r in a separate incubator and they will hatch on the 17th...

Its like a mystery surprise...
1f60a.png
1f601.png
1f604.png
1f64b.png
1f646.png

I look forward to getting good advice on the babies

Last edited:
Here are some updated photos of our chicks...the roo is certainly getting big and has his saddle feathers coming in - they are copper. He has his coppering on the neck becoming stronger too but looks like it is going down the front of his chest...is this too much coppering then? Also, his comb looks almost inverted on the very top - is this normal?

The two black ladies are growing nicely, they are beginning to show some wattles appearing. Both now have coppering on their necks.

Our lovely blue lady is developing nice too. Black on top of her head coming down a little into the neck. There seems to be a gold / coppering colouring starting to come out on her neck too. The lighting doesn't really let me capture it on the camera.

Back
Top Bottom