BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
I have one blue isbar with a BR they are 15 weeks old. I already have a B R but am new to this breed. Talk about gorgeous ! When does a hen typically start to lay? They are just big enough to add to my flock. Luckily we made the coop bigger! Thanks in advance!

I have one blue isbar with a BR they are 15 weeks old. I already have a B R but am new to this breed. Talk about gorgeous ! When does a hen typically start to lay? They are just big enough to add to my flock. Luckily we made the coop bigger! Thanks in advance!
My first Isbars were descendents of the Originals imported by GFF and didn't start to lay until 8-months. My second batch was from Omega Hills Farms -- and they started much earlier than 8-months -- It would be interesting to see what ages Isbars are starting to lay with the Isbars people have now. Glad you asked this question.

My first Isbars were descendents of the Originals imported by GFF and didn't start to lay until 8-months.  My second batch was from Omega Hills Farms -- and they started much earlier than 8-months --   It would be interesting to see what ages Isbars are starting to lay with the Isbars people have now.  Glad you asked this question.
Thank you!
She actually has a tiny tint of red to her face. I would love to see a egg in the next month! However, I want her to be the best she can be even if that means 8 months. The longer they wait the better egg layer ? Not sure if this is true? I'll keep you posted when she does lay. She's so beautiful ! Wish the other eggs had hatched!

Last edited:

Thank you!
She actually has a tiny tint of red to her face. I would love to see a egg in the next month! However, I want her to be the best she can be even if that means 8 months. The longer they wait the better egg layer ? Not sure if this is true? I'll keep you posted when she does lay. She's so beautiful ! Wish the other eggs had hatched![/quoteEdited : are they typically small birds?

Thank you!
She actually has a tiny tint of red to her face. I would love to see a egg in the next month! However, I want her to be the best she can be even if that means 8 months. The longer they wait the better egg layer ? Not sure if this is true? I'll keep you posted when she does lay. She's so beautiful ! Wish the other eggs had hatched!

Thank you!
She actually has a tiny tint of red to her face. I would love to see a egg in the next month! However, I want her to be the best she can be even if that means 8 months. The longer they wait the better egg layer ? Not sure if this is true? I'll keep you posted when she does lay. She's so beautiful ! Wish the other eggs had hatched![/quoteEdited : are they typically small birds?

Oops mixed up our messages

Thank you!
Definitely I think the world will be a better place when more Isbars are running around in it -- they are super layers, and they are so beautiful among other traits. --

Not sure if later starting could correlate with longevity of laying -- I attribute the late start in my first 3 to the inbreeding that Isbars have due to their scarcity. -- They are good at laying through winter -- and do continue through molt as some have said -- albeit at a lesser than their normal rate.....

The red face is the give away -- and it is good that you are going to record her progress on here!
smile.png

My first Isbars were descendents of the Originals imported by GFF and didn't start to lay until 8-months. My second batch was from Omega Hills Farms -- and they started much earlier than 8-months -- It would be interesting to see what ages Isbars are starting to lay with the Isbars people have now. Glad you asked this question.
I received my blue isbar hen and my black isbar hen on 2/19. My Blue gal started laying in early August and my black one end of August. So, around six months of age.

Here's Matilda my 15-16 week old. She so beautiful pictures don't to her justice !im not looking for a prize winner just a pet. I am still curious about the quality of her?

She is quick and does not like it when I'm trying to get pictures. Can't wait to see a beautiful egg!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom