BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Very pretty!!

I think my two left are girls.. one of them has eye issues. Once of her eyes is like.. too small.. the opening for her eye is too small. It's hard to explain. It's been that way since she hatched but I think she just has some kind of issue.. The other eye is now swollen and kind of sinking into her head. Guessing she is mostly blind or something. She seems to be getting along ok with food/water.. I just hope she doesn't die. :(
Aww, she sounds like she has character.
wink.png
I hope she makes it too.

I love the pics i"ve seen posted here of the Blue Isbars. I live in Tx. How do they handle the heat? This is the first breed i've seen that has me wanting a roster so i can breed them. How much do these chicks cost? ~Naomi

I love the pics i"ve seen posted here of the Blue Isbars. I live in Tx. How do they handle the heat? This is the first breed i've seen that has me wanting a roster so i can breed them. How much do these chicks cost? ~Naomi
I am in Tennessee, not as hot as TX but my two are doing just fine. There is a person on ebay that selling eggs in Comanche, TX. They might be a good person to get eggs from. Chicks aren't cheap, but the eggs have come down in price to about $5-$8 an egg for the auctions that I have been watching.

I live in tx as well. I have 5 isbars (from the first gen of greenfire farms) 2blue and 3 splash. They are only 11wks old but are handling hear well. As soon as mine begin laying I will be selling eggs and chicks as well. I may be selling one of my splash roosters here in a couple weeks if interested.

Chicken Fever, Where in Tx are you? I am just south of San Antonio. RIght now i only have chickens for a laying flock. I want to get another coop and fenced in area set up just for these guys so they don't cross/breed with my laying hens. My guess is early spring... But it sure would be nice to have them Now!
hit.gif

I had one rotten hatch... out of over 30 eggs I set, only 5 made it to lockdown. Of those 5, only 2 actually hatched. (All were shipped eggs.)

With that said, here's the lone Blue Isbar survivor. Any thoughts? I literally have nothing else to compare this little one to! (It's hatchmate is a Wheaten Ameraucana.)

Chicken Fever, Where in Tx are you?  I am just south of San Antonio. RIght now i only have chickens for a laying flock. I want to get another coop and fenced in area set up just for these guys so they don't cross/breed with my laying hens. My guess is early spring... But it sure would be nice to have them Now!:hit
I'm in Dallas but I d omake l way to San Antonio sometimes.

Hi There,
I just hatched out my first Blue Isbars.  I know they are an auto sexing breed, is there a way to tell them apart?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but Isbars are not auto sexing. Martin Silverudd was successful in creating a green egg layer with the Isbars but not the auto sexing

Hi There,
I just hatched out my first Blue Isbars.  I know they are an auto sexing breed, is there a way to tell them apart?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but Isbars are not auto sexing. Martin Silverudd was successful in creating a green egg layer with the Isbars but not the auto sexing

Back
Top Bottom