Blue laced wyandotte? not BLR. Wyandotte color experts please !!

She is beautiful! Lots of people try for the lemon/cream color laced by blue/gray in Orps and other breeds.

I agree with @EggSighted4Life on the silver gene. Im curious was the SLW cockerel hatched from the same batch of eggs? He also shows signs of gold recessive covered by dominant silver. In roos the silver is dominant but if they inherit 1 copy of recessive gold, it leaks through the saddle and hackle. In theory hens should only receive 1 copy of Silver or gold from the sire side and not have the leakage, but silver interacts with multiple other genes in unique ways. My guess she is a SLW roo cross with GLW hen, and at that a 1 of a kind. Be hard to recreate, and I think very unlikely to breed true. That is some of the beauty of crosses, but also the frustration!
Thank you ! 😊 Honestly the rooster that hatched with her has me stumped he maybe full bc she said she had jus wyandottes together but that wasn’t true as one of my SLW hens from the 4 eggs has white and black single row feathering on her feet . But he does indeed have a lot of gold I called it blonde 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I wasn’t sure lol bc he has a single comb but I’ve heard they breed in single comb bc rose has low fertility rates, but I have updated pics of both of them he is a MASSIVE man. Lol but the absolute sweetest most docile rooster I’ve ever owned. 💜

Back
Top Bottom