Blue Mottled Turkeys

I have several in the incubator..
Will let you know what hatches..
Out of this cross you will get black gray,and lilacs.

If you are mating Mottled Slate to Mottled Slate you have the chance to get the following results only.

Mottled Slate

Tom = Bb1 or Bb, cgcg, Dd, nn hen = Bb1 or Bb, cgcg, Dd, n-

Possible outcomes

12.5% - Barred Self Blue Gray Narragansett
12.5% - Blue Palm
6.25% - Lavender Palm
6.25% - Marbled Black
12.5% - Marbled Slate
12.5% - Mottled Black
25% - Mottled Slate
6.25% - Royal Palm
6.25% - Self Blue Gray Narragansett

I have several in the incubator..
Will let you know what hatches..
Out of this cross you will get black gray,and lilacs.

If you are talking about breeding Blue Slate to Blue Slate the offspring will be approximately 50% Blue Slate, 25% Black and 25% Self Blue (aka Lavender).

I am not aware of a mating that produces black, gray and lilac. Lilac is bb CC DD EE NN PnPn RR SlSl SpSp and cannot be produced by mating a pair of Blue Slates or by mating a pair of Mottled Slates.

I have looked at many pictures of turkeys to find out about them. I am sure that they are not Blue Slate. My hen looks exactly like the picture shown here.

This is a picture of some of last year's offspring a friend kept.

I have looked at many pictures of turkeys to find out about them. I am sure that they are not Blue Slate. My hen looks exactly like the picture shown here.
This is a picture of some of last year's offspring a friend kept.

Without a better picture it is hard to tell but the tom on the left appears to be a Mottled Black. The hen in the middle appears to be a Mottled Slate. It is possible that the hen on the right may be a Marbled Black but I can't tell from this photo or the poor quality of the only photo I could find of a Marbled Black.

The mottled varieties start with few to no white feathers and gain more white feathers with each molt.

The above trio would indicate that you are breeding Mottled Slates to each other. As posted above, these are the possibilities from this mating:

12.5% - Barred Self Blue Gray Narragansett
12.5% - Blue Palm
6.25% - Lavender Palm
6.25% - Marbled Black
12.5% - Marbled Slate
12.5% - Mottled Black
25% - Mottled Slate
6.25% - Royal Palm
6.25% - Self Blue Gray Narragansett

Another place to view many of the different color varieties.

http://www.porterturkeys.com/phenotypesandgenotypes.htm

Back
Top Bottom