Blue or Purple Peacock?

Faisal12

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
Bahrain
So I recently purchased a Peacock along with two Peahens from another farm about a week ago. I initially bought them believing they were India Blue variety, but I've noticed when this particular Peacock stands in direct sunlight, it reflects a captivating hue that appears to be a blend of blue and purple. The wings of the Peacock share the same color as the common India Blue Peacock, making it difficult for me to determine if it's truly blue or if it leans more towards purple.
I would like to hear from you about this Peacock..
Please click on numbers to view the pictures because I couldn't upload it direct...
1 2 3 4

IB, no Spalding in him, possibly split BS. If it were Purple he would have a brownish rust color on his body and wings. This one is BS but you should get the idea. The eyes would also be purple.
IMG_7962.JPG

Regular india blues do have some purple but the Purple mutation can vary widely in appearance. Some Purples have a nice gumdrop color to them which is often what people want and some are more storm cloud purple. I managed to get both examples for my own breeding after deciding I would try and give Purples a go. It's a color that it pays to be choosy about. Many of them are very badly inbred due to the sex link nature of the color.

Back
Top Bottom