Blue Paint Silkie thread

Okay, great! I have a black and white chick that I hatched from shipped eggs, so in a few months I will know it's sex and take it from there!

Thanks a bunch!!!

Okay, great! I have a black and white chick that I hatched from shipped eggs, so in a few months I will know it's sex and take it from there!

Thanks a bunch!!!

You're welcome . Sorry I got frustrated trying to explain . It is best to learn small bits sometimes . Then learn more as you get used to the new information .

Um, do you breed painted silkies? I am pretty sure within the breeding of paints, you will get solid white or black paints that carry the gene and a percentage of the chicks will be solid white with black spots. That is what every paint breeder has told me.
Hi there! I haven't read the rest of this thread but figured I might could jump in and answer your questions. and yes I do breed paints. A paint is only consider a paint if it shows paint (white with black spots (or blue in the case of blue paint)). If your hen is black even though she came from paint breeding she is still black. There has been speculation that maybe the birds who do not show paint can carry the gene, but none of that can be proven. As of now the only way to achieve true paints is one paint parent to one black/blue parent. Mating your black hen with you buff rooster will just crated mixed color birds or birds with leakage

Thank you so much for your explanation! I decided to just buy eggs from a paint breeder.

Thank you so much for your explanation! I decided to just buy eggs from a paint breeder.
you're welcome good luck! I hope to be selling eggs from my birds soon as well :)

These are my paint girls and the black rooster I have with them, I have a paint rooster coming up that I plan to use over some blue hens for blue paints

Is this a blue paint?

Back
Top Bottom