Blue Wyandotte x Barred Rock

BrandoMan

Songster
May 30, 2011
Prewitt, NM USA
I was wondering if anyone crossed a Blue Wyandotte roo to a Barred Rock Hen? If so how were the offspring. Egg production and meat qualities anything to that nature. I got a Barred Rock Hen who should start laying anytime now. She was born sometime in May is nice and large, pretty much as big as she gonna get and wanna do a cross. I bred my blue to my RIR and none of the chicks have any red in them. One came out blue with lacing and the rest pure black and the black ones have a vertical strip of Whit's down there chest.

Do you think a blue Wyandotte x Barred Rock would be a nice mix and a useful one? Thanks in advance.

I got pics of the blue Wyandotte x RIR chicks on my profile album thingy if ya wanna check them out but couldn't get a good pic cause they run around like crazy and took like 20 pics and those were the best ones out the bunch.

I was wondering if anyone crossed a Blue Wyandotte roo to a Barred Rock Hen? If so how were the offspring. Egg production and meat qualities anything to that nature. I got a Barred Rock Hen who should start laying anytime now. She was born sometime in May is nice and large, pretty much as big as she gonna get and wanna do a cross. I bred my blue to my RIR and none of the chicks have any red in them. One came out blue with lacing and the rest pure black and the black ones have a vertical strip of Whit's down there chest.

Do you think a blue Wyandotte x Barred Rock would be a nice mix and a useful one? Thanks in advance.

I got pics of the blue Wyandotte x RIR chicks on my profile album thingy if ya wanna check them out but couldn't get a good pic cause they run around like crazy and took like 20 pics and those were the best ones out the bunch.
I might be wrong but i think this would make sex-links. All the roo's would be barred and the hens not. I could be wrong though????

I thought I would have sex links with my blue x RIR and the only one that looks any diff is the chick that hatched a day earlier than the rest and she is blue with lacing. The rest are all black and look the same but one seems to be a little roo. He walks taller and tail more pointed so I don't know. Lol

I thought I would have sex links with my blue x RIR and the only one that looks any diff is the chick that hatched a day earlier than the rest and she is blue with lacing. The rest are all black and look the same but one seems to be a little roo. He walks taller and tail more pointed so I don't know. Lol

There's nothing sex linked in that mix AFAIK

Back
Top Bottom