Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe, I wish there was some way we could all sign your lovely post and send
it to Bob's wife to show her how much Bob meant to all of us.

Joseph you have a great way with words - great job as always

Bob has made a lot of chicken disciples over the years - he is passing the torch - Ya'll have to keep "kicking it down the road" as he would say.

Is there an address for the family so we could send condolence cards? A PO Box or something? I have the email but am sure it's already flooded. Cards can be read later, when there is the time and inclination.

I am still in shock at the news about Bob Blosl. His posts convinced me to work on old standard breeds that need help. He completely changed my approach to chicken raising.

This week I will kick the can down the road by finishing my breeding pens, getting ready to launch a new generation of Black Javas. I will hear Bob in the back of my head - the way I always hear him when I read his posts - and that voice will provide a running commentary on the good points and the flaws of every pairing I consider for breeding. His legacy will live on in my chickens. And I will attempt to pass that legacy through to the next generations. Now. Before it is too late.

Thanks, Bob. We'll miss you.

Sarah

I would like for everyone to know that I spoke with Bob's wife Zora for a few minutes today to check on her, see how she's doing and let her know about this memorial page for Bob. I told her about the numerous messages and calls I have received about people wanting to send her their prayers and positive thoughts. She is very grateful for everyone's kind words about Bob. It would be best to send cards to the address in Silverhill, Alabama if you would like to instead of calling. 14390 So Blvd
Silverhill, AL 36576
Their son is there and we still don't know anything about arrangements.

Thank you Scribble for your thoughtful effort to keep the BYC community updated.

I still can't imagine BYC with out BOb, and the tears still flow . . . . he was a treasure. I know he was amazed at the number of years that this thread has run. It's success is a tribute to him and his inspiration of others who also gathered here. Everyone here is willing to share their experience and help others, just as Bob did. To continure this thread would be a wonderful tribute to Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom