Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that I've ever cried over someone I've never met, but I too keep tearing up when I think of Bob being gone and not seeing his thoughtful and kind words on this post any longer.
hugs.gif

He left us lots of posts to re-read. Probably more on paper than any other modern breeder-- maybe I"m wrong. BUt you are right--it is not the same as a new post covering the same information.

I will always be grateful to have his posts to look back on. Hopefully we can all keep this thread going in the same fashion and in his memory. There is so much information here from Bob and others, I'm still fairly "new" but have read this thread repeatedly.

I don't know that I've ever cried over someone I've never met, but I too keep tearing up when I think of Bob ...

Same here, I will miss him so much. He was such a constant in my thoughts that it was as if he were a close friend and at the same time, a respected and prominent figure among serious poultry breeders. Bob helped everyone that asked him for guidance, yet when he was offering me advice, it seemed as if I was the only one he had ever shared his secrets with. I know he must have given the same advice to beginners over and over again, but each time, the passion for his hobby, and his enthusiasm for it's promotion and perpetuation, was just as evident as if it were the first time he had shared it.

I have cried regularly, on and off, since Friday. Bob was a very special person and he made a difference. I'm sure he is pleased about that............

Last edited:
I will always be grateful to have his posts to look back on. Hopefully we can all keep this thread going in the same fashion and in his memory. There is so much information here from Bob and others, I'm still fairly "new" but have read this thread repeatedly.
X2!! He never, ever tired of giving good advise, no matter how many times before the question had been asked on this thread, that is what a true mentor is! He was always polite, and took the time to explain.

Last edited:
Lots of welling here. Tears for Zora and Bob. I will miss him so. I can't say it any better than Joe did earlier.
No question was too small, too novice to receive his sincere concern and helpful response.
More tears.

Kickin' the can this Sunday morn whilst remembering the late Mr. Blosl. Gosh that just seems unreal....

In Bob's honor, Thought I'd post a pic of my Buff Rock pullet today...she's now 15 weeks. Looking forward to that tail coming in...I'll be sure to get a profile side view then. Overall she's is an attractive pullet with good type and size. Bob led me to Mr. Roebuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom