Bob white quail thread!!

Do you have a leash?

Yes, but the kudzu is so bad, they would get really tangled up. We have been tossing things up in the kudzu near where we have been hearing rustling, but nothing has come out. It is the railroad property and the hill is covered in the cinder and kudzu and is about an 75 - 80 degree angle. Very hard to climb.

Yes, but the kudzu is so bad, they would get really tangled up.  We have been tossing things up in the kudzu near where we have been hearing rustling, but nothing has come out.  It is the railroad property and the hill is covered in the cinder and kudzu and is about an 75 - 80 degree angle.  Very hard to climb.

Okay, yeah that sounds a little difficult to get into. Maybe he'll come out.

My baby bobs got too cold last night. So sad. Lost 1/3. I've put adequate heat in their pen now, but the ones that were struggling aren't recovering well. They're 5 weeks old.

Do young bobs typically rebound just fine? Or are they more likely to not recover from the stress of being cold?

Got some hay in the pen finally!!! The game bantams, silkies, Cochin bantams, quail, & the goose are all hayed down. I've another bale coming in sometime this week to give to the laying hens and rooster.
The quail are getting so big!!

The quail have gotten huge! We are planning on cooking them really soon or selling them. They eat soooo much for such little birds!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom