Bob white quail thread!!

EAT THEM? OH NO!!
hit.gif
I could never eat mine. YES!! they eat like little pigs.........and drink tons of water. These are my first quail so have no idea how big they will get. These are White and some have some have a dark feather or two. I'd say they are 2 to 2 1/2 months old. How much longer will they grow? Hope they get twice as big as they are now.

I know right!!! We have to do something with them!!! Lol!

Luckily I only have about 20 now. These guys were also rough to raise and I have no idea why, started with 60 eggs, 47 fertile and hatched, now down to 20.

My coturnix I had similar fertility and hatch rate and only had a couple die.

Of course we also had predator issues with the bob whites.

They are about 7 weeks now and almost fully feathered out. I need to figure out my male/female ratio before the males start killing each other.

Luckily I only have about 20 now. These guys were also rough to raise and I have no idea why, started with 60 eggs, 47 fertile and hatched, now down to 20.

My coturnix I had similar fertility and hatch rate and only had a couple die.

Of course we also had predator issues with the bob whites.

They are about 7 weeks now and almost fully feathered out. I need to figure out my male/female ratio before the males start killing each other.

Started with 120 eggs. Hatched 70 and now I'm down to 26 now. They eat more than my chickens!!!

Started with 120 eggs. Hatched 70 and now I'm down to 26 now. They eat more than my chickens!!!
I had no problems with mine, got 13 as day olds (I work at the feed tore) and brought all 13 to adulthood without a problem, moved them outside and 3 dies, one from bullying, 2 from stress. then 3 escaped! little turds!

I had no problems with mine, got 13 as day olds (I work at the feed tore) and brought all 13 to adulthood without a problem, moved them outside and 3 dies, one from bullying, 2 from stress. then 3 escaped! little turds!

Well that's just thirteen. 70 is just a little bit bigger number to work with.

Back
Top Bottom