Boom! Bang!

Rollerman

Chirping
8 Years
May 18, 2011
I haven't been to a war zone thank goodness,but this must be what it sounds like outside at the moment! Fitreworks popping near and far. It must be hard for those who have been there to hear these sounds and not cringe at the things they saw and heard in those places. May God grant them peace and may accept our humble thanks for all they have given for us!

thumbsup.gif

Gee, I'm not American, but I totally agree with what you say.

More and more Aussies are dying each day in the Afghan war.
hugs.gif

I really do feel for those that have PTSD when this time of year rolls around. The Sheriff's department has had their funding cut pretty severely, so of course everyone got mortars this year. The percussion was making me jump...and it is still going on.

My horses are not very happy at the moment. With the nice weather it seems like we are surrounded by fireworks going off on all sides and overhead. All the barn lights are on and the music is turned up but one gelding is working himself into quite a sweat poor guy.

I pulled into the West Sacramento area from my latest trip to Somerset (Sierra Foothills, house I've bought) just at full dark, passing Raley Field . WOW.

Earlier in the day, up in the Foothills, a variety of nearby folks were setting off those mortar shells. Surprisingly few during the daylight hours. I mean, compared to down in the valley.... However, as with any location, multitudes of dogs from all directions were loudly reacting to them.

There are quite a few fireworks events at Raley Field, so I think the older members of my flock are pretty well used to the sounds. But there is a lot of rustling and chattering out there.

Quote:
Oh man - when we moved downtown after getting married, I thought we got thrown into a war zone. That percussion from the fireworks after games carries a long ways. We were 10 blocks away and my chest was pounding because it was so loud. Luckily I figured out what it was before I called the cops to complain. It still was insane to have fireworks going off 2-3 times a week at 10 pm sharp.
tongue.png

Growing up as a child/teenager on a horse farm we had the most docile horses as a result of our shooting all the time on our gun range at the farm, our horses would not even flinch at a gun shot. We thought they were going deaf but apparently they could hear the dinner bell.

Back
Top Bottom