Booted Bantam Thread

Pics
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You can make the purse, and call it silk, but it's still what it is.
If you decide to call your German Shepherd Dog an Alsatian as is done in England, there's nothing stopping you, but most people would consider it foolishness, and just wonder what exactly it is that you think you're trying to prove.

Joanie, nice bird. Certainly much better quality than others I've seen online recently. I'd like to see a slightly shorter tail, with longer main sickles, and a much longer back, but not bad. The differences between the two breeds are really pronounced. I don't understand how some people cannot see that, despite them sharing some similar superficial traits.

What beginners really need is correct information. I don't know why people frequently post information that they "think" is true, without doing a little bit of research first to verify their impressions. The Booted bantam has a U-shaped back as called for in the Standard. Although the overall effect is of a V shaped back in a correct d'Uccle cock, it is not specifically outlined in the Standard. The hen is required to also have a U-shaped back, just like the Booted.

I assume you are referring to my post. Yes, I did state something I read. I neither said it was true or false; it simply was something I had read somewhere (as was stated). It came to mind when I saw the photo posted. I certainly don't claim to be an expert, so I'm glad I wrote it as it provoked a response.

Joanie, nice bird. Certainly much better quality than others I've seen online recently. I'd like to see a slightly shorter tail, with longer main sickles, and a much longer back, but not bad. The differences between the two breeds are really pronounced. I don't understand how some people cannot see that, despite them sharing some similar superficial traits.

What beginners really need is correct information. I don't know why people frequently post information that they "think" is true, without doing a little bit of research first to verify their impressions. The Booted bantam has a U-shaped back as called for in the Standard. Although the overall effect is of a V shaped back in a correct d'Uccle cock, it is not specifically outlined in the Standard. The hen is required to also have a U-shaped back, just like the Booted.
It's not my bird - I raise d'Uccles.

My point was that the Booted Bantams look quite different. Not just the wattles....

I'm still learning too.

Back
Top Bottom