Booted Bantam Thread

Pics

Phoenix Farms

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Illinois
For those of you who don't know, BB's are just muff and beardless D'Uccles. They tend to weigh a little more and have longer necks. I own both D'Uccles and Booteds and I love them just the same. So come here to ask questions, show pictures and tell us about your Booted Bantams!

My Porcelain Booted Pair, Bonnie & Clyde

Last edited:
That's what I thought I had read somewhere. Good ! I've got a porcelain booted with my porcelain d'uccle and a golden neck booted with a golden neck d'uccle. Might have some booted bantams to show next fall/winter.

No, I got a young pullet and the booted bantam from a local girl who had bought eggs from a breeder and I bought a pair from a breeder at a show. I showed the pullet from the pair I bought about a month ago and she won best of breed (my first breed win !) Her first chick is due to hatch in 2 days. I like this variety-very pretty and not seen very often, at least not here in GA.

I find the self blues and golden necks very interesting. I also like the mottleds. I wonder where I could find Booteds in those colors.

Color question:
What colors could I get when I cross a Porcelin and a Mille Fluer? More Millie's and Porcelin's?

No idea on the color question. My guess would be milles that are split for porcelain-if you bred them back to a porcelain you could get both colors. Just a guess, I'm no expert. I'm sure I'll get some golden neck booteds before too long. The pullet is around 6 months old so should start laying soon. I can let you know.

Back
Top Bottom