bought Araucana's and am thinking ameraraucana's not to certain , Help

One just hopes that these birds were sold to you out of ignorance and not intentional deception. They're lovely birds your got anyhow. Get familiar with photos of the breed and compare with photos/seeing in person the birds you're planning on buying. Here we don't have hatcheries for back yard flocks, so breeders are all that's available. And yes there are a lot of questionable 'pure breds' being sold.

I breed hybrids and purebreds (just for my own flock with any extra sold or given away, I am no breeder) but would never sell them as purebred.

One just hopes that these birds were sold to you out of ignorance and not intentional deception. They're lovely birds your got anyhow. Get familiar with photos of the breed and compare with photos/seeing in person the birds you're planning on buying. Here we don't have hatcheries for back yard flocks, so breeders are all that's available. And yes there are a lot of questionable 'pure breds' being sold.

I breed hybrids and purebreds (just for my own flock with any extra sold or given away, I am no breeder) but would never sell them as purebred.
I'm pretty sure it was a bit of misinformation he acquired them rather suddenly and it's just the way it is , I absolutely love them very strong and hardy, and gorgeous so still pleased. Still would like some pure breed lol

WTH Odd? You have this section on speed dial?
car drifts GIF

Odd headed to this part of the forum.
Still would like some pure breed lol
Araucanas are going to be harder to find. Some hatcheries do have Ameraucanas but make sure you aren't getting mislabeled Easter Eggers. Breeders might be harder to track down, but you'll probably be more pleased with stock from them.

@EmmaRainboe knows of Ameracauna sources too, I believe.
Cackle has several colors. I have a white and lav from them. The white one is amazing, though she hasn’t started laying yet. The lavender one has a bit of shredding, but not totally “patio scrubber.” Not horrible. She lays the most beautiful brightest blues eggs I’ve ever seen.

The other place I usually link is the breeders directory by state from the ABC. @Auntiejessi3 has already linked that though. :)

I had bought easter eggers and ameraucana's out of two different bins at our local livestock store. And they were all easter eggers. Even though it listed ameraucana's.

Back
Top Bottom