Bought "ayam cemani" eggs... but I don't think that's what I got....

How sad. Ebay always sides with the seller. Bless your husband's heart for trying to get you a flock of rare chickens.

Oh Gloryblue, I'm sorry you got scammed too :( I hope Scammy is at least a friendly bird. I've talked to a few people on Facebook who got ripped off by this person and I think there are a few more people here on BYC. How can we get everyone to contact eBay NOW about removing Bobfarm14 as a seller?

I looked up the seller on ebay--100% positive feedback. Do you have screen shots of the negative feedback you posted?

Very weird.

I have some information for you. The seller is on BYC!

There is a thread about them and apparently they have a different breed that may have been given to you accidentally--or they are another breeder that does not understand that you need to separate hens from rooster for more than 30 days before collecting eggs.

Person on BYC is @sunsetvalley

This is the thread about it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/916893/ayam-cemani-mutation

The last page has a post that says they look like hmong chickens.

It sounds like the seller needs to fess up to you and make it right. We will see if they come by here and help us understand.

Last edited:
Oh Gloryblue, I'm sorry you got scammed too :( I hope Scammy is at least a friendly bird. I've talked to a few people on Facebook who got ripped off by this person and I think there are a few more people here on BYC. How can we get everyone to contact eBay NOW about removing Bobfarm14 as a seller?
Just curious, if a seller can edit his feedback that certainly doesn't seem fair. All sellers would be wonderful then. How can you ferret out a poor seller or scammer? Can they edit any feedback? Could you do a "low" neutral? Something like these chicks have a different color then Greenfire Farms ceminis? Is there no protection for the buyer?

Just curious, if a seller can edit his feedback that certainly doesn't seem fair. All sellers would be wonderful then. How can you ferret out a poor seller or scammer? Can they edit any feedback? Could you do a "low" neutral? Something like these chicks have a different color then Greenfire Farms ceminis? Is there no protection for the buyer?

I think the feedback was removed because the decision was against the buyer.

It kind of makes sense but I still think the feedback should be allowed.

I think the feedback was removed because the decision was against the buyer.

It kind of makes sense but I still think the feedback should be allowed.

You're right ronnott1, that's what eBay told my husband about removing the negative feedback... even though the seller wasn't technically "right", the seller just found a loophole in their buyer protection. UGH.

Do you mind if I ask if this seller's name begins with a B?

I just hatched out a batch of eggs I got from eBay, that purported to be pure AC. Of the three that passed candling and hatched, one is the expected sooty black, but the other 2 are chipmunk. Fine print at the bottom of the seller's listing says "However, we cannot guarantee the distribution of black pigment in their offspring. It is a possibility that the offspring may have white, or other pigments. Colors may range from light to dark, striped or chipmunk patterned that are wild types. Not every offspring is going to be destined to be show quality."

So I can accept the idea of an occasional one, but 2/3 makes me wonder.

Last edited:
Do you mind if I ask if this seller's name begins with a B?

I just hatched out a batch of eggs I got from eBay, that purported to be pure AC. Of the three that passed candling and hatched, one is the expected sooty black, but the other 2 are chipmunk. Fine print at the bottom of the seller's listing says "However, we cannot guarantee the distribution of black pigment in their offspring. It is a possibility that the offspring may have white, or other pigments. Colors may range from light to dark, striped or chipmunk patterned that are wild types. Not every offspring is going to be destined to be show quality."

So I can accept the idea of an occasional one, but 2/3 makes me wonder.
bobfarm14 is the ebay seller.

I have been following these cemani threads. E-bay is just as despicable as the couple of scam artists.

Has anyone tried contacting a lawyer and persuing mail fraud?

All of this scamming just makes my stomach turn!!!

That's awful. I would understand not being able to send them back(wouldn't want to put the poor things through that) but you would think they would at least give you a partial refund, after all you paid for 'rare' birds and that isn't what you got.

Back
Top Bottom