Brahma maturing very slowly?

lilchicklover

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
my light brahma chick is feathering very slowly. I know brahmas mature slower but she seems extra slow. Can someone post pics of a 2 week old light brahma for comparison, i will try to get a pic of her soon.

Interesting! My Buff Brahma did seem a bit slow, but now she is almost 5 weeks and is just exploding with feathers, almost overnight it seems! OTOH, my Columbian Wyandotte, who is a full week older, is taking FOREVER to get her feathers. They are coming in now, but I am really surprised at how long they are taking. That is one of the things I am loving, watching the different breeds mature. The Dominiques are the same age as the Brahma and are pretty much fully feathered it looks like. The Giants are the same age as the Wyandotte and seem like they have been fully feathered for ages, just some fluff on the butts
smile.png

I think she's fine thank you. I will keep an eye on her to make sur her feathers are groowing normaly

Cockerels can be very slow to feather
I currently have a 14 week old with no feathers, but she is definitely odd....just fluff.

Your chicks will get there.

Back
Top Bottom