Brahma or serama cockerel? Help me decide which one

Pics
Thank you so much for your compliment 😊, but I only consider myself to be very well researched and very well prepared. I completely adore my teeny Seramas. About shipping…. even with the best packing, it’s a gamble. Detached air cells are something I had to deal with. We all know the issues with those. So, from my original flock, I hatched 1 out of 6 and 6 out of 9 from the 2 shipments. It was so frustrating! I’d done all the research and read many times that Serama eggs (especially shipped ones) are difficult to hatch, but I’m so happy that I took the chance! Later, I artificially incubated 4 out of 4 and then a few more successful incubations. When my hens began to get really broody, I let them incubate. Now, I allow them to solely incubate since they’re terrific mothers. Currently, my little Slumber hatched 2 during the last few days. She’s tending to them while incubating 2 more (they’re very near to hatching).
View attachment 3570941

Congrats to the amazing mother! The mothers always do it better it seems, unfortunately shipped eggs and broodies don't mesh very well, because eggs come in one day, broodies another!

I’ve not had any of mine produce a Micro yet. I’ve read that they are even more difficult to hatch since their tiny legs hamper them from getting positioned correctly at hatch time. I have classes A, B, and C. Best of luck! I hope you post updates on them once they hatch.

I'm actually wondering how small a micro is. It must be REALLY small

This is what I’ve found through research, and I go by this:
Micro – up to 13 oz. Hens- up to 8 oz
A – under 13 oz. Hens under 12 oz
B – under 16 oz. Hens under 15 oz
C -under 19 oz. Roosters and hens.

Good morning from the serama
20230709_133202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom