Brahma or serama cockerel? Help me decide which one

Pics
Like you, I had the incubator going so... But that was a lesson learned from a previous experience.

An egg was pipped and starting to zip but got kicked out of the nest. I put it back and went to work. Came home and the egg was kicked out again, and cold. No movement. I took it out and started to do an eggtopsy, when I noticed the chick was still, if barely, alive. And missing several toes from being pecked at.

I cupped him in my hand and breathed on him to warm him up as I got the incubator going. Slowly, he started to move. I didn't have much faith in him making it, but I put him in the incubator and he made a full recovery! His name is Precious. :)
That’s incredible! What an amazing story! I love the name too.

She was 4 weeks old at that time…. still a full 3-4 months away from even beginning to lay. I assume she felt the need to take on the “big sister” role.

Wow! I knew serama were early to mature, but not THAT early! Mine are around 7-8 weeks old (I think) and I just can't imagine them caring for something! One is quite literally 2/3 of a sparrow!

Wow! I knew serama were early to mature, but not THAT early! Mine are around 7-8 weeks old (I think) and I just can't imagine them caring for something! One is quite literally 2/3 of a sparrow!
Here’s Seasons just a few days after her own hatching. This one was a TOTALLY mommy-spoiled chick! Still is.
IMG_7779.jpeg

Initially, I believe her main interest was with interacting with her own kind, since she was a lone hatchling herself. That teeny girl took a lot of pressure off of me with the way she took to them!

Here’s Seasons just a few days after her own hatching. This one was a TOTALLY mommy-spoiled chick! Still is.
View attachment 3571572
Initially, I believe her main interest was with interacting with her own kind, since she was a lone hatchling herself. That teeny girl took a lot of pressure off of me with the way she took to them!

Oh so cute🥹! She looks like a really good bird

And that concludes day 2! Today I went down for roost time a little later than expected, and the babies had roosted properly. So today I thought I should do an overview of their personalities. The smallest pullet (and generally) lighter creme is pretty friendly, she loves foraging for food, very pretty, and a little bully! For some reason she doesn't trike the black one. The black pullet is the biggest of the bunch, and the most scared of me. The last tan-ish pullet is no thoughts just vibes. She's cool. She loves her self-care, after every meal she climbs on the perch and preens herself. Then we have the boy! I love him so much. He's GORGEOUS. Not even 2 months old and already practicing calling over the girls for food and his crows. His personality is amazing, he's a little bodyguard, such a nice bird. I'm so excited to see him grow. Gosh, they need names, don't they😅?!

And that concludes day 2! Today I went down for roost time a little later than expected, and the babies had roosted properly. So today I thought I should do an overview of their personalities. The smallest pullet (and generally) lighter creme is pretty friendly, she loves foraging for food, very pretty, and a little bully! For some reason she doesn't trike the black one. The black pullet is the biggest of the bunch, and the most scared of me. The last tan-ish pullet is no thoughts just vibes. She's cool. She loves her self-care, after every meal she climbs on the perch and preens herself. Then we have the boy! I love him so much. He's GORGEOUS. Not even 2 months old and already practicing calling over the girls for food and his crows. His personality is amazing, he's a little bodyguard, such a nice bird. I'm so excited to see him grow. Gosh, they need names, don't they😅?!
So glad to hear they're settling in and that you've become enamoured by them!

As for names, what's the theme going to be this time? Gemstones, maybe?

Back
Top Bottom