Brahma or serama cockerel? Help me decide which one

Pics
Here’s what I do every day…. I park myself inside my Seramas building (on a chair usually) and just hangout with them. Let them interact with you on their own terms. It won’t take very long for them to be by your feet wanting scooped up or hopping onto your lap. They’re still getting used to their new home, so they’ll begin warming up to you soon. Yes, hovering above probably flips them out a bit, so try more on their level. My roosters are just as cuddly as the hens too. ❤️

Move the door? :)

I just try to be gentle with mine and handle them when I can.

Don't really think I should do that. It might be better to give you a visual of what I'm working with. So imagine this rabbit cage
Screenshot_20230714_003759_Google.jpg
but double the length, and without the waterers and feeders. The cage was first bought for rabbits. Then, I cut off the bottom. I wrapped chicken wire around the legs, basically creating a way bigger cage where the birds could touch the ground. I also dug a few cm and blaced chicken wire on the bottom, then covered it with dirt, just in case a fox tried to get in. So it's not really a design where I can go in either. And since chicken wire isn't very stable, putting a door in it might be a bad idea

Don't really think I should do that. It might be better to give you a visual of what I'm working with. So imagine this rabbit cageView attachment 3576028 but double the length, and without the waterers and feeders. The cage was first bought for rabbits. Then, I cut off the bottom. I wrapped chicken wire around the legs, basically creating a way bigger cage where the birds could touch the ground. I also dug a few cm and blaced chicken wire on the bottom, then covered it with dirt, just in case a fox tried to get in. So it's not really a design where I can go in either. And since chicken wire isn't very stable, putting a door in it might be a bad idea
That's actually not a bad set up with all the modifications you've dome, but yeah kind of hard to change the location of the door.

That's actually not a bad set up with all the modifications you've dome, but yeah kind of hard to change the location of the door.

And it doesn't help that the dark pullet (wow we should really come up with names) doesn't like me AT ALL:lau! Nor does the smallest creme pullet, but only half of the times

And it doesn't help that the dark pullet (wow we should really come up with names) doesn't like me AT ALL:lau! Nor does the smallest creme pullet, but only half of the times
Hey, you’ll have their hearts eventually ❤️ Offer them their favorite treats by hand. Sit near their enclosure and talk to them. Only suggestions that have worked for me. My teeny flock members will fly into my arms and onto my shoulder. They’ll also walk onto and sit in my hand. When I take their bucket to refill with feed, several will wait at the door. In my silly manner, I’ll ask them, “Who wants to come with me?” Then one will ride in the bucket, or in my arms, while I fill up the feed. Also, I’m on a naming adventure tonight (since 3 out of 4 of Slumbers chicks have hatched so far), so here’s some cute ones (I think). How about Crème Brûlée? Dumpling? Strudel? Amendine? Biscotti? Okay, I must admit that I’m on a dessert kick with naming my new chicks lately! 😂

Also, I’m on a naming adventure tonight (since 3 out of 4 of Slumbers chicks have hatched so far), so here’s some cute ones (I think). How about Crème Brûlée? Dumpling? Strudel? Amendine? Biscotti? Okay, I must admit that I’m on a dessert kick with naming my new chicks lately! 😂
Lol! I have Cookie, Dulce, Pudding, and Strudel! My bf decided they needed dessert names.

Back
Top Bottom