Brahma or serama cockerel? Help me decide which one

Pics
He’s very handsome. ❤️ I’m excited to see how his feathers grow out! It sounds like the 2 of you will be the best of friends. I’ve noticed with mine, that they vie for my attention. It’s really adorable to find myself surrounded after I walk into the building! It’s quite hilarious feeling tiny pecks on my boots or tiny pulls to my clothing. And, of course I have a number of them that do not like to be kept waiting, so they’ll fly up into my arms! I’ve found myself falling completely in love with this breed. One note to mention…. I incubated all of them (except for the latest chicks that were incubated by Slumber), so they are extremely spoiled and used to constant handling since day 1. You’ll get there with Lady Gaga and the girls. ☺️

I'm sure I will, with most of them at least. I'm super excited to watch him grow as well, yesterday I even noticed the first male-specific feather coming in! I'm also sure I heard him crow again, but oh well. Right now he's got a new trick, and whenever I open the door he flies right out

Lady Gaga is officially a crower! Right as I was watching them struggle to go to bed he flew out the pen and crowed right in front of me! Also, got some better pictures of him
20230716_203133.jpg

Same! I can't wait to see how his final conformation will be like as well. Right now I've got no good photos of it, but one of the main reasons I picked him was for his chest and head placement. They are so good! I just don't have any photos of him posing well. He definitely is in his scraggly phase now

I haven't been posting on here very regularly. I'm thinking of getting daily pics of every bird to help get them accustomed to the camera, me, and posing. Lady Gaga is now really good with me, so I hope the others follow. Don't know if I've mentioned it, but he's got his first male-specific feathers coming in. Anyways, here is a photo of one of the pullets. She's got by far the best type out of them all. Unlike Lady Gaga, she's a poser, so there's not much I have to do to get her to look pretty. She's also the smallest. With Lady Gaga it's a little bit of a struggle to get him to pose, but I swear he has good type
20230720_125425.jpg

Dark pullet now has a name! She's the most skittish of them all, and has a fiery temperament, so her name is Foureira, inspired by her probably most well known song, Fuego. Also, Foureira (the serama) is still terrible with posing for photos
Screenshot_20230725_031344_Gallery.jpg
. The serama babies are SUCH good fliers by the way!

Dark pullet now has a name! She's the most skittish of them all, and has a fiery temperament, so her name is Foureira, inspired by her probably most well known song, Fuego. Also, Foureira (the serama) is still terrible with posing for photosView attachment 3588163. The serama babies are SUCH good fliers by the way!
Your little ones are coming along beautifully! I know exactly what you mean about the flying. I have them flying up onto me from all directions when I enter the building. If I’m quick enough, I can usually catch a few before they fly down to the floor. I truly ❤️ having this breed!

Your little ones are coming along beautifully! I know exactly what you mean about the flying. I have them flying up onto me from all directions when I enter the building. If I’m quick enough, I can usually catch a few before they fly down to the floor. I truly ❤️ having this breed!

Same! I have fallen in love with them. Lady Gaga tries to fly to me during roosting time, but I've found they're not the best at flying high, as much as they're good at flying for a long distance, so he usually gets halfway, but I always catch him

Their feather patterns are getting really pretty. They look like very sweet teeny ones ❤️.… especially Lady Gaga. He’s so handsome. ☺️ The updates are terrific. Makes me feel guilty for not taking more photos of mine. Slumbers chicks are beginning to feather out, so I need to get more photos (and post them). Plus, Acorn and Ruby are on eggs currently. I’ll be moving both broodies and eggs to the “maternity ward” soon.

Back
Top Bottom