Brahma or serama cockerel? Help me decide which one

Their feather patterns are getting really pretty. They look like very sweet teeny ones ❤️.… especially Lady Gaga. He’s so handsome. ☺️ The updates are terrific. Makes me feel guilty for not taking more photos of mine. Slumbers chicks are beginning to feather out, so I need to get more photos (and post them). Plus, Acorn and Ruby are on eggs currently. I’ll be moving both broodies and eggs to the “maternity ward” soon.

Taking pictures of them can definitely be annoying at times. My thought process was to get them desensitized to the camera so I could take good photos of them, but I think it had the opposite effect. Now, thy feel so comfortable that they completely ignore it and move around like crazy🤣! Thank you for your kind words! Funny enough, Lady Gaga's colour is a recognized colour in our standard

The first semi-good picture of Foureira
Screenshot_20230728_220953_Gallery.jpg
!

UPDATE on Serama Slumbers:
Slumber and her chicks are loving their outside time (under my supervision). All 3 chicks are from other parents in the flock. They hatched July 7, 8, and 14. 2 are Silkie/Sebright (mom) and Porcelain d’Anvers (dad). The smallest chick is Mille Fleur d’Uccle (mom) and Porcelain d’Anvers (dad). They look funny right now.
IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0957.jpeg

Mommy Slumbers feathers are rather ruffled still, but she will be back to her beautiful self soon. The smallest is 6 days behind the others. It’s looking like that one’s going to remain smaller anyway. One other note…. many of my Serama hens (5) are broody crazy right now!

Last edited:
UPDATE on Serama Slumbers:
Slumber and her chicks are loving their outside time (under my supervision). All 3 chicks are from other parents in the flock. They hatched July 7, 8, and 14. 2 are Silkie/Sebright (mom) and Porcelain d’Anvers (dad). The smallest chick is Mille Fleur d’Uccle (mom) and Porcelain d’Anvers (dad). They look rather funny right now.
View attachment 3600368
View attachment 3600370
View attachment 3600374
Mommy Slumbers feathers are rather ruffled still, but she will be back to her beautiful self soon. The smallest is 6 days behind the others. It’s looking like that one’s going to remain smaller anyway. One other note…. many of my Serama hens (5) are broody crazy right now!

Oh they're gorgeous! How interesting, she accepted a chick after one week! Mom is also very gorgeous. Wow, those are a lot of mammas! That's a worry I have with mine :lau

Oh they're gorgeous! How interesting, she accepted a chick after one week! Mom is also very gorgeous. Wow, those are a lot of mammas! That's a worry I have with mine :lau
Thank you!! I gave in to a few of my teeny girls, and I’m letting them follow through. The others crowd into the nesting buckets when I’m not around (the 2 broodies let them do it), so I think I’ll just move the broodies and their eggs very soon to allow them some well-deserved peace. Below, you’ll see my Mille Fleur d’Uccle (Ruby) on 2 Serama eggs and 1 of hers.
IMG_0934.jpeg

From drought to deluge, my dear Fluffy? ;)

Don't worry about it, or you'll never get another broody! :eek:

Hey now Wind! I'm loving the broodies. It's just that having 3 month old pullets, and this small going broody will be detrimental to their health. If any of them decide to go broody before 8 months old, I'm breaking them

Back
Top Bottom