brahma stopped laying

User680249

Hatching
Jan 15, 2024
I have a 9-10 month brahma that was laying consistently. Before she stopped laying she laid 24 days without a break. Now she has taken 3 days off and has not laid an egg. Is this something I should be concerned about or could it be due to the hot weather I have had recently. Thank you.

I have a 9-10 month brahma that was laying consistently. Before she stopped laying she laid 24 days without a break. Now she has taken 3 days off and has not laid an egg. Is this something I should be concerned about or could it be due to the hot weather I have had recently. Thank you.
Hens often can take breaks in their laying. It could be due to temperature and weather changes, molting, or really anything! One of my hens likes to take breaks often. Sometimes some hens are really consistent, while some are less.

Does she show any symptoms of being fatigued or in pain? Does she eat, drink, poop, and walk around? Does she have a history of thin shelled or weird eggs?

If she isn't showing any symptoms, then don't worry too much!
If you feel like you want to be extra careful, you can get her to eat some oyster shells, which will give her extra calcium and help her push out or develop eggs if she DOES potentially have a stuck egg.

i hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom