Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim those little buff's of yours are adorable little birds. I may have to get a trio so my daughter can show at the Fair - she is too small to handle these large Brahmas.

Thanks Matt, John Neff in Florida has excellent Buff Bantams. I still have, and use, a cock and two hens I hatched year before last from eggs I bought from him. The combination of those birds with some Spence/Williams birds, is the foundation of my flock.

Are you going to the BIG Crossroads show in October? You don't want to miss that one. It will be the biggest Brahma National in years. There will be Brahmas, large and bantam, from all over the country. It will be a good oppertunity to trade/buy stock from top breeders. I can't wait!

I would love to go - I have a dark hen who I think is outstanding. However, I am booked solid with other commitments over that time. I would like to buy some additional LF Darks - it's gonna be hard to buy from anyone but Susan as she sold me excellent stock (I am very grateful) and she is fun to work with. Not sure who else has SQ darks????

089.jpg

LF Dark and LF Partridge Babies - that's a good brooder....as long as there are Brahmas in there - I am happy. Wonder if any of these will be future winners?

Hey! I have 3 Light Brahmas and they are part of my first flock. They are going to be a year in a couple of weeks. My roo is a Light Brahma and we love him. He has grown into quite the gentleman. I am not really concerned about the quality of the birds, but I am interested in learning more about it. I've read a bit, but could you take a look at Jack and tell me in which ways he might be favorably described and in which areas he is poorer quality? As far as how he compares to the standard?

Don't get me wrong...he is an absolute love and I don't care two hoots if he is the poorest quality light brahma ever, I just want to learn. I love the breed--they are my gentle giants.
love.gif

thanks!

50603_bigjack.jpg

50603_bigjack2.jpg

Last edited:
He's a handsome Roo.

Like my Dark Roo his comb could be a tad bit smaller and shaped better - his head overall appears decent. Tim can probably comment more on the light color (I dont have them) but the foot shot shows he is missing feathers all the way down his middle toe. From above he looks narrow across the back/shoulders and his tail set is a smidge off. The important part is he is your favorite - I love my Brahmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom