Breda Fowl thread

Does anyone know what you have to have when you show Breda fowl at poultry shows to prove that their a actual breed because their not recognized by American poultry association
I know this is an old post, but I showed a Blue Breda Cockerel a few years ago. I entered him in the open show. The show director talked to me to make sure the Breda got in the right class. Typically you would post the breed standard on the cage for any breed that is not in the APA standards book as well as send a copy to the Judge prior to the show. The Breda doesn't have an APA formatted standard so you can't do that. I always liked going to the bird shows when I was young to see all the different breeds. I took my Breda cockerel just for other people to see. He wasn't there so much to be judged. There were a few people that did a double take and several came to ask me questions about my Breda cockerel. After that show I was contacted by the local poultry club with a request to take some Breda Hens to the "Chickens at the Library" event that they were putting on. For that event they had me send some basic information on the breed in 3-4 lines and they placed cards on the cage of my birds stating what breed they were and the facts of the breed. :)

Last edited:
She is 2.5 hours away but still close.

You are blessed!
smile.png
I hope to be getting some in the New Year. Such a beautiful, striking and curious bird. I have 2 blues that I'm looking to breed from. I will try and post some pix when they decide they will pose instead of offering me their rump for photo's!
smile.png

That's funny - you gotta show us the rump photos!

My Breda have been the opposite -- the minute they see the camera they have to come running to see the "other" chicken in the lens!

I lucked out, got my trio with a mottled roo from dutch connection farm yesterday. Well worth the 5 hour round trip

These guys would be worth a TEN hours trip!! Beautiful waterfall hackles on the boy! These birds are so-o-o cute with their triangle tassles and no comb!!

Back
Top Bottom