Breda Fowl thread

Pics
I'm down to two as well, I originally had 4 ...- 3 blacks and 1 blue and then my male got stuck in the coop (his foot got stuck -i posted in the medical section here long story) anyways he didn't make it. So i went online and found a nice male and had him shipped out to me. He is so handsome!
but sure as things go- that same night something ate my blue breda female.
he.gif

AAAAnyways. I now have a black female and a blue male. I feel like I need to keep them under lock and key though.

Heather of The Old Farm House sometimes sells them on ebay. This was the listing I won http://www.ebay.com/itm/130979249387?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 She is local to me so I pick them up, but she describes her packing technique and it sounds better than anything I've ever recieved so you might get lucky :)

Hm! I was going to bid on those but decided I should probably wait. Congrats to you! I'll be on the lookout for another listing. :)

I didn't know the Old Farm House had Breda. I networked with them a few months back with regards to Cream Legbars. They have been doing chickens for quite a while, but just got into the rare breeds about a year ago. They seem to run things pretty good. The few people that I know that have worked with them have been happy. I will have to make a trip over to their farm the next time I am up to Dallas to see about getting some more white egg layers. :)

Last edited:
I didn't know the Old Farm House had Breda.  I networked with them a few months back with regards to Cream Legbars.  They have been doing chickens for several years, but just got into the rare breeds about a year ago.  They seem to run things pretty good.  The few people that I know that have worked with them have been happy.  I will have to make a trip over to their farm the next time I am up to Dallas to see about getting some more white egg layers. :)
Oh please let me know if you ever come my way so I can talk you into bringing all kinds of wonderful eggs with you - or chicks, LOL! :D But yes, Heather is super nice too when you visit!

I checked back through my laying records and my first pair of Breda started laying at 31 weeks.

Their daughter is now about 28 weeks old. Since she was hatched 10 weeks earlier in the spring that her parents were last year we were hoping the day light would favor her to start laying with out being hampered by short daylight hours or cold weather like out Breda were last year. Wow...16 months? I start to wory after about 8 months if I don't see an egg.

Back
Top Bottom