Breda Fowl thread

Pics
Here's my little flock of blue Bredas! These were the best pics I could get today but I have 5 and I think 2 are Roos..

[/IMG]

Last edited:
Pretty birds!
I had 6 hatch, I'm hoping I can get some guesses based on feathers coming in and narrow it down to like 2....
We will see.
Only 1 is light blue, I know with my luck it will be a boy! The rest are darker.

Pretty birds!
I had 6 hatch, I'm hoping I can get some guesses based on feathers coming in and narrow it down to like 2....
We will see.
Only 1 is light blue, I know with my luck it will be a boy! The rest are darker.

Out light blues one was a girl and our four dark blues have all been boys. :) The first time through it took us 12 weeks to sex the birds. The 2nd generation we had a better of an idea of what we were looking for and got 100% of our 8 week guesses correct. The pullet are just a little narrower and lighter frames than the boys are. :)

Does anyone here keep white Bredas? I have a blue cockerel and two black pullets. I would love to get white Bredas but I don't think it will ever happen!

I am the opposite right now. I have a Blue Cockerel and Splash Hen. We had a Blue cockerel and Blue hen last year and so we got blue/black/and splash in our hatches, but are now down to a single pair.

Anyone have hatching eggs?

I bought eggs from ebay. I had 6 out of 9 hatch, and 2 that didn't were my fault my incubator humidity dropped too low and they got shrink wrapped. By the time I opened them up it was too late. Came all the way from Cali to NC and got here in less than 48 hours.
Seller was "polybiss" He/She doesn't have any listed right now, but keep checking back because an auction for them just ended.

Back
Top Bottom