Breda Fowl thread

Pics
You are lucky with that girl. How did she turn out? I have a small flock ( a dozen or so) but they tend to be my most flighty and they most definitely would never think to sit on me! :)
RareFeathersRanch

You are lucky with that girl. How did she turn out? I have a small flock ( a dozen or so) but they tend to be my most flighty and they most definitely would never think to sit on me! :)
RareFeathersRanch
Hi!

Welcome to the thread. I have some of your offspring from Ebay eggs last year. They are lovely!

I FINALLY hatched out a splash rooster. He is just started crowing yesterday :) Feel like a proud mommy ! Below him is a newer pic of big daddy. He is great to put up with his sons, a glossy pure black cockerel and the splash.....

I was reading breed information a week or so ago about a breeds that said that double spurs on the cockerels was not required, but preferred. I don't remember what breed but it seemed to be a quite old land race breed for meat. At any rate it really surprised because I assumed that Double Spurs would be a general defect in any breed. I am sure it is a defect in the Breda. All of my boys have only had one set of spurs.

Back
Top Bottom