Breda Fowl thread

Now I need hatching eggs! My sons are completely ready for Bredas. Where do I find them?

There's RhodeRunner in PA, chickendanz in KS, RFR of CA in CA, and I'm not sure about GFF if they do hatching eggs? If they don't have hatching eggs these breeders might be able to refer you closer to MD. GL! These are a super-pesty chicken breed if pets is what you want in addition to a lot of MED/LG white eggs! Easier on the feed bill too because they are not heavy birds.

There's RhodeRunner in PA, chickendanz in KS, RFR of CA in CA, and I'm not sure about GFF if they do hatching eggs? If they don't have hatching eggs these breeders might be able to refer you closer to MD. GL! These are a super-pesty chicken breed if pets is what you want in addition to a lot of MED/LG white eggs! Easier on the feed bill too because they are not heavy birds.

@RhodeRunner
@RFR of CA
@chicken danz
GFF = Greenfire Farms in FL

Rhoderunner no longer deals with Bredas' - I contacted her late last year.
sad.png

Rhoderunner no longer deals with Bredas' - I contacted her late last year.
sad.png

That's sad but doesn't surprise me. @RhodeRunner was the one that alerted me that her snowy soggy climate was not conducive to feather-legged Breda and she gave me valuable input to help me decide on acquiring our Breda which we LUV. The Breda has been fine for us because our climate is mostly dry with very few episodes of rainfall to muck-up feathered feet. Our summers are humid but the Breda and our feather-legged Silkies do fine. Our Blue Wheaten Ameraucana on the other hand hates the heatwaves and thrives in the wet and soggy days around here!

That's sad but doesn't surprise me. @RhodeRunner was the one that alerted me that her snowy soggy climate was not conducive to feather-legged Breda and she gave me valuable input to help me decide on acquiring our Breda which we LUV. The Breda has been fine for us because our climate is mostly dry with very few episodes of rainfall to muck-up feathered feet. Our summers are humid but the Breda and our feather-legged Silkies do fine. Our Blue Wheaten Ameraucana on the other hand hates the heatwaves and thrives in the wet and soggy days around here!

Well, we live in upstate NY, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for success! The ground where the chickens are are pretty solid even after rain. I got my 1st two ladies today, so I need to go and get them a husband and some other ladies.
Rhoderunner gave me a name to contact for more Bredas so I will be pursuing that very soon.

Hi everyone,

I sold my flock to Geri Godina. Geri has continued to work with the Mottled Breda and ships eggs, chicks, and started fowl. She also purchased some birds directly from Michelle Wansleeben, whom imported birds from the Netherlands. So, she has two different bloodlines. (Greenfire and Wansleeben)

One of my old mottled fowl that Geri purchased.

Geri can be found on Facebook, on BYC as Silkiehorsechick, or you can send me an PM... I'll give you her email.

Last edited:
Well, we live in upstate NY, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for success! The ground where the chickens are are pretty solid even after rain. I got my 1st two ladies today, so I need to go and get them a husband and some other ladies.
Rhoderunner gave me a name to contact for more Bredas so I will be pursuing that very soon.

What a beauty! I just love the triangle crest and puffy ear feathers! These girls love watching any handouts in your hands and LUV to jump straight up in excitement or weave in and out of your footsteps as you walk. Watch out for your nose if you're bending over one during treat time LOL! My girl has a very deep voice for such a lightweight bird. I love my fluffy feather-legged Silkies as sweet as our Breda -- however, our Breda has the added advantage of having smooth hard feathers, no obstructed vision from a fluffy crest or floppy comb, and is a non-broody laying machine of 1.75-oz bright white eggs! Can't wait to hear some of your stories!

What a beauty! I just love the triangle crest and puffy ear feathers! These girls love watching any handouts in your hands and LUV to jump straight up in excitement or weave in and out of your footsteps as you walk. Watch out for your nose if you're bending over one during treat time LOL! My girl has a very deep voice for such a lightweight bird. I love my fluffy feather-legged Silkies as sweet as our Breda -- however, our Breda has the added advantage of having smooth hard feathers, no obstructed vision from a fluffy crest or floppy comb, and is a non-broody laying machine of 1.75-oz bright white eggs! Can't wait to hear some of your stories!

Thanks. A fellow BYCer has taken care of them for about 18 months while I had surgery and then got their coop ready! They are a bit glum at the moment since they are in quarantine, but I do give them mealworms.....which they love! I love the gentle way they talk to you, it's quite soothing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom