Breed identification, please!

daphnelee

In the Brooder
Feb 2, 2016
Texas coast
Hi BYC folks! Here are two more in my eclectic flock I'd like assistance identifying. I got them as chicks from friends, like the majority of them all, so don't have breeder information. I'm still new at all this and am learning so much from y'all!

The first is a speckled white bantam. She has feathers on her "black" feet and can be broody at times. She can be dominant at times as well, but gets along with the whole mix.

The second breed, which I have two of, is black with brown underlying feathers on their breast. They have "black" legs, straight combs and have that blueish shine/sheen on their back. They were all black as chicks.

More to come anothrr time!

Thank you to all for your valuable input! What a great group!

Hi BYC folks! Here are two more in my eclectic flock I'd like assistance identifying. I got them as chicks from friends, like the majority of them all, so don't have breeder information. I'm still new at all this and am learning so much from y'all!

The first is a speckled white bantam. She has feathers on her "black" feet and can be broody at times. She can be dominant at times as well, but gets along with the whole mix.

The second breed, which I have two of, is black with brown underlying feathers on their breast. They have "black" legs, straight combs and have that blueish shine/sheen on their back. They were all black as chicks.

More to come anothrr time!

Thank you to all for your valuable input! What a great group!
The first one looks like a cross to me, the other looks like a black sex link.

welcome-byc.gif

Your little white bird looks to have some silkie a generation or so back. What else went into the mix, no idea, sorry. She's a cute little thing!

The black hens are either black sex links or another mix of a black and a red bird.

:welcome

Your little white bird looks to have some silkie a generation or so back. What else went into the mix, no idea, sorry. She's a cute little thing!

The black hens are either black sex links or another mix of a black and a red bird. 

Thanks y'all! The white hen kinda looks like a Splash Dutch bantam, but with feathered legs. Thot i'd get some other ideas!

Does she have five toes? I thought I could see that in one of the pics. That, the dark skin, and the residual crest made me think Silkie. I agree her body shape doesn't look especially Silkie though.

Back
Top Bottom