Breed of my rooster?

KeriT

In the Brooder
Feb 4, 2015
Piedmont, SC
Ok, I have been round and round so many places about this rooster. I got him when he was 8 weeks (along with 11 others - all were suppose to be RIR pullets) many of them turned out to be roosters that I have since re-homed and once they were all pretty much grown, several looked very different from each other. That being said I have been told he was a Black Copper Marans, a Wheaten Marans or a mix of some kind. I knew he wasn't a RIR when he was younger bc he started growing feathers on his legs (only the outside portion-not like Cochins lol) that's when I started researching breeds with shank and feet feathers. He mostly resembles Marans by his body type (he is big and somewhat thick) you guys tell me what you think
this one I tried to get a close-up of his feet

Ok, I have been round and round so many places about this rooster. I got him when he was 8 weeks (along with 11 others - all were suppose to be RIR pullets) many of them turned out to be roosters that I have since re-homed and once they were all pretty much grown, several looked very different from each other. That being said I have been told he was a Black Copper Marans, a Wheaten Marans or a mix of some kind. I knew he wasn't a RIR when he was younger bc he started growing feathers on his legs (only the outside portion-not like Cochins lol) that's when I started researching breeds with shank and feet feathers. He mostly resembles Marans by his body type (he is big and somewhat thick) you guys tell me what you think
this one I tried to get a close-up of his feet
I say marans.

Back
Top Bottom