Breed only NOT SEX! Longtailed bantam Breed!

missred871

Eggxhausted Momma
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Perry GA
So I got these two from a gal who used to buy my chickens, apparently her hubby got sick of all the birds and they decided to liquidate their flock, the way she described them I thought they were sumatras... I could SWEAR she said they were all black with green shininess lol, but alas she brought them to me and I was like WOAH that is NOT a sumatra LOL. So I think they might be cubalayas, or atleast the rooster might be I think the color was blue/golden or something or other.... anywho I need some longtailed bantam experts here, I know there are a few on BYC, so what is the verdict, he is gorgeous, a lot of blue and some red and orange too, really docile as well....
56502_dscf0082.jpg

He does kind of look like a Cubalaya, or maybe an American Game or Aseel? Sorry, I'm not much help, but he sure is gorgeous. I would call his color blue breasted red, but I'm certainly no expert. Good luck!

Quote:
well he isnt a game, he is a longtail breed I know that much, but when I looked up the breeds Cubalaya was the only thing he looked even remotely similar to but he looks A LOT like the Blue/golden I think is what it is called... I would have to go look again bwahahaha Thanks though I will have to look up Aseel... dont think I have heard of that

wow he does look like a blue wheaton Asil (Aseel), but his stature is totally different from that breed. They stand pretty upright, and from what I read they are fighters, he is sweet as can be... hmmm.... his hen isnt quite the right color but very very close to the blue wheaton Asil hen too.... geez this is a mystery I want to solve lol

Quote:
Well if he is cubalaya then he is a hatchery bird, so his look would definately not be standard. I think her husband ordered them with some other birds from the hatchery. I didnt get a chance to chat with him, he probably would have known LOL. I agree that he does look like he may be an asil/cubalaya cross, I was really hopin for a purebreed though

Back
Top Bottom