breeding 55 Flowery Leghorns

I have had great experiences with Greenfire Farms. Not all shipments have gone perfect but they have always made up for it. Some breeds do better then others. Josette is great to work with.

Ok, just received a shipment of 55's from GFF. 7 cockerels, 5 are distinctly dove grey, 2 are creamy yellow. Of the pullets, some are quite dark, almost blackish markings, and some are light brown/brown markings. Silver would be the grayish males and brownish females??

Last edited:
Papabrooder on this site has 55 Flowery eggs and chicks. I don't know anything about them but I was curious after seeing them there's searched for them. :) I think his website is papaspoultry.com and it has pictures.
I bought 5 pullets from Papa's Poultry in late June. He always has great birds and I think you will find his prices are much better than GFF. He is in Redding, CA and I am close by so shipping is quick and cheaper. I lost one that an older bird peck on the vent and it got an infection I didn't see until it was too late, but the others are doing great. ! silver and the others are gold based. Nice little pullets...broody raised by my 5 year old Wyandotte hen.

Has anyone crossed a 55 Flowery with a Crested Cream Legbar? I am curious how the offspring appear and how the eggs are.

Has anyone crossed a 55 Flowery with a Crested Cream Legbar? I am curious how the offspring appear and how the eggs are.

I have recently. The chicks look like cream legbar chicks, and so far are also autosexing. I only kept what I thought were pullets, and so far they look like Cream Legbar pullets. They are only a few weeks old.

I will be interested to see how they grow and lay. I am curious if they will be like a Super Blue Layer or Sapphire due to a white egg x blue egg.

Here is a Cream Legbar x Fifty Five Flowery Hen juvenile pullet. Her color isn't quite right for a Cream Legbar, but still it is difficult to tell which are the crosses vs which are pure Cream Legbars. I did not keep any of cockerels from the cross. I thought the cross was still autosexing but I did miss on a couple of boys, which looked like pullets, and which were culled as soon as I realized they were boys.

1.jpg

Cjwaldon, how are your Legbar x 55 crosses doing? Any photo updates. Are they laying yet? I am curious what color ears they have. (My legbar x Welsummer have minimal differences in appearance, but have red ears making it easy to know they are not CLB.)

Back
Top Bottom