Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
can I bring this thread back to life? I just hatched out 4 chicks and have 20 more in the incubator due in a week... my only roo is a BSL (I think, my juvenile blue marans isn't through puberty yet) and laying hens are 6 isa brown, 3 green laying EE, 1 brown laying EE and 1 BSL/BCM.

Of those that hatched, 1 was from a green egg, black with a white spot on head, pea comb, puffy cheeks.
2 from brown eggs black with white spot, single comb (1 feathering out barred, 1 partial barring if that's possible).
1 from brown egg is yellow chick feathering in white with yellow legs!

Not sure what they're all gonna look like, but I'm excited about my barnyard mixes, Darwin's grab bag!
That's what I love about mixes, the surprise of what they will look like. My youngest are almost 9 weeks and I'm still curious about what they will look like fully grown...lol

Congrats on the little ones.

My Swedish Flower Hen and Salmon Faverolles rooster have been making cute babies! Not to say the other mixes aren't cute... But the SF/SFH mixes have been fun to watch for me, especially given the background of SFHs. My SFH is broody again, so I put 3 more of her eggs under her yesterday.

Mama & Papa

Hatched 4/26/15 (photos about 5 weeks ago). Top is a pullet. Second one is definitely a cockerel.

Hatched 7/5/15 by my BA. I think it's a boy.

Last edited:
My Swedish Flower Hen and Salmon Faverolles rooster have been making cute babies! The SFH is broody again, so I put 3 more of her eggs under her.

Mama & Papa

Hatched 4/26/15 (photos about 5 weeks ago). Top is a pullet. Second one is definitely a cockerel.

Hatched 7/5/15 by my BA. I think it's a boy.
Pretty parents and nice mixes. I like the coloring.

I love the mixes that have the hair!!! None of mine do, my 2 polish hens didn't make it to lay (bad breeder). I need to throw something with hair in my coop!

I highly recommend you do that. :) the hairdos and hats are just so cute. I'm very pleasantly surprised that the crest his showing in the offspring. I love it with the beard. The offspring from the SF rooster and my Lavender Ameraucana are cute too, but these mixes are more interesting since each one comes out differently.

I highly recommend you do that. :) the hairdos and hats are just so cute. I'm very pleasantly surprised that the crest his showing in the offspring. I love it with the beard. The offspring from the SF rooster and my Lavender Ameraucana are cute too, but these mixes are more interesting since each one comes out differently.

I have one silkie hen and one roo. I am hoping that I can get some cool mixes.
They are the only chickens with different feather.

Chickens are growing up! The ones I hatched back in May are 14 weeks old now, the hen's chicks from the end of June are 9 weeks old and she now has a new brood of 13! Plus there is a hen with a 2-3 week old brood of 5. The one eyed chick is still going strong and amazingly no one picks on her.

I have one silkie hen and one roo. I am hoping that I can get some cool mixes.
They are the only chickens with different feather.
when you do, make sure you share pics!

Back
Top Bottom