BREEDING PAIR AYAM CEMANI: Hen and Rooster are each from (different) pure quality bloodlines

RUSO1229

Hatching
Aug 1, 2023
The Ayam Cemani is ultra exclusive for a number of different reasons. The obvious one is their all black pigmentation. This includes their skin, bones, plumage, mouths, tongues and yes- even their internal organs. However the Ayam Cemanis' sleek unusual appearance is equally irresistible for exotic bird owners and breeders who desire the most exclusive chickens for their flocks. The Ayam Cemani's extraordinary ink black plumage shimmers with a metallic sheen of brilliant teal, beetle green and purple that is truly commanding.

Bred from a solid foundation of two different high quality and reputable Ayam Cemani bloodlines. In procuring two entirely different bloodlines, we are able to focus on lifting up the best qualities in each bloodline to breed beautiful, strong, healthy birds. Only a very select handful of US breeders are taking the care to do this. Willing to travel to meet, or deliver, within 50 miles from the Woodstock or Randolph (VERMONT) areas.

Asking $1500 for these two beauties.

Attachments

• IMG_5837.jpeg
    IMG_5837.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5844.jpeg
    IMG_5844.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 29
It's interesting to me that they are soooo expensive in the US, but in the EU they are like 40-50 euros each! They are beautiful!
That was just for the first couple 2 or 3 years.
Prices here now are similar to the other poster. Just saw some chicks for $10, cockerels for $30, pullets for $50

The reason she is asking so much for these is because like she stated they are very high-quality. Places like eBay, and other places online that sell them for low prices have low quality as an only 50% of the bird is truly Cemani meaning that if you try to breed it, you will not get pure bred and that the cemani just looks like ayam cemanis.
So is that the kind of price you paid for yours?

Well, as it happens I am and have been a breeder of French Marans as well as La Flèche (a very rare French breed endangered of extinction) for several decades.

And just as you advised me so kindly, I did and still do my research well and still teach interested aspiring young breeders of my above mentioned breeds the ropes so to speak.

And during all these years I established connections with and made the acquaintance of other serious and reputable fellow breeders (and some not so reputable ones of course) here in Germany as well as in other countries, so forgive me when I rather believe my fellow breeders with whom I have trustworthy connections reporting their own experiences with regard to the Ayam Cemani, than the claims of a random person on the internet.

It does not help to save rare breeds in danger of extinction when people try to sell them at fantasy prices.

But never mind, to you I am a random person on BYC as well and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
I suppose it is similar for me. I am also a breeder and trust what I know and heard from others I know. I think if what your earning after you pay for what you needed to do to sell them than it is not a fantasy price. To be entirely honest, I respect you for standing your ground, and responding, and for what you have said. I suppose to each other we are both random people with different opinions and that is okay. I will still believe that this breed is worth this much, and though I respect you after our little argument, I hate to say I did not when I first saw your comment. I feel it was rather rude to say the least. But I understand you reasoning behind it now. I hope you understand mine. Have a great evening, sincerely.

This must be a mistake?
I imagine that rare breeds would reach market saturation very fast. They're rare because people don't want them
It's just a ridiculously overpriced fad and I know of several fellow chicken keepers here in Germany that were left quite disappointed in the breed and their acqusitions because of poor health, very low amount of eggs and lots of other inbreeding issues.

The Ayam Cemani is ultra exclusive for a number of different reasons. The obvious one is their all black pigmentation. This includes their skin, bones, plumage, mouths, tongues and yes- even their internal organs. However the Ayam Cemanis' sleek unusual appearance is equally irresistible for exotic bird owners and breeders who desire the most exclusive chickens for their flocks. The Ayam Cemani's extraordinary ink black plumage shimmers with a metallic sheen of brilliant teal, beetle green and purple that is truly commanding.

Bred from a solid foundation of two different high quality and reputable Ayam Cemani bloodlines. In procuring two entirely different bloodlines, we are able to focus on lifting up the best qualities in each bloodline to breed beautiful, strong, healthy birds. Only a very select handful of US breeders are taking the care to do this. Willing to travel to meet, or deliver, within 50 miles from the Woodstock or Randolph (VERMONT) areas.

The reason she is asking so much for these is because like she stated they are very high-quality. Places like eBay, and other places online that sell them for low prices have low quality as an only 50% of the bird is truly Cemani meaning that if you try to breed it, you will not get pure bred and that the cemani just looks like ayam cemanis.

This is an issue bc people buy them on the cheap, and get no pure birds, making breeding impossible. This is why her price is so high. The reason they are rare is bc they don’t lay a lot of eggs, same with the health issues. You can obviously see how healthy her birds are.
The only way to know if they are pure bred, from different blood lines, healthy and able to reproduce is by a plethora of testing/genetic testing which to my knowledge can not be done by simply looking at a picture.

Everyone can claim whatever they want, it is the scientific evidence that makes the difference and is crucial.

I think you can agree that doing these tests can’t be cheap,
Exactly, and on top of the purchasing price the buyers will need to have them tested to make sure the claims made by the sellers are accurate.
breeding how @RUSO1229 claims to be breeding is not cheap
Like I said previously, everyone can claim whatever they like...
If you weren’t interested in buying one, why scold them for selling at a price they are comfortable with?
Everyone can advertise/sell their birds or whatever possessions with whatever claims to a price of their liking just as well as everyone is entitled to spend as much money as they feel the purchase will be worth for them.

But this does not automatically make the aforementioned claims accurate nor does it define the "worth" of the birds or items for everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom