AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

That's her wound after 2 weeks. I should have taken a picture when I first found it. So you could see her meat and bone there. It was crazy looking all Grey and black and slimy. Very little blood. She's happier inside with us right now :)

I also have to be honest when I first got Ayam cemanis I expected wilder birds. And I didn't expect them to be as small. I mean I knew at the time they were no boilers haha but I have had "bantams" bigger than some cemani hens lol

Who did you buy from? I think this year instead of eggs I'm going to buy some chick's. Hopefully there will be less calls if a breeder is already sending black chick's...? Only one way to find out :)

Quote:
I'm trading with a guy out in cali for some of my rare breeds and a few show quality eggs of core I don't send chicks. And hes sending me some cemani eggs so all we have to do is pay shipping and dont have to worry about money. He said he will have like 10 more starting to lay here soon so I hope they do. and I plan to get them shipped to me by the 21st and put them in the 23rd-25th

Haha right now my only cemani that is laying is the one hurt one I have inside haha but I have 16 other girls that could really start any time now hahaha but that sounds like a good deal! :)

Quote:
I guess it is a okay deal they are still a breed that needs allot of culling and work but i will sell them either way culls are going to just have to be cheaper and pets lol. People around here will buy them just because they are cool and then they will find out what i'm asking for them 50 a chick is my goal for the first hatch then 75 until they are looking good then finally 100 once they are all black. I have a good friend that has swedish black hens so i will see if they might want to trade a few of them for a few cemani.

I hatched out 75 cemani eggs last year (the ones that hatched) and ended up with 14 solid black hens and 4 solid black roosters, the culls for the most part I treated like every other chicken and.... Ate them. And just keep the exceptional ones so I'm not making the breed muddy. I don't plan on selling them tho haha I just want to help Breed it up. Get the color out, keep some extra genetic diversity, and be helpful!
They are definitely cool! And sweet. 2 of my roosters do not crow. It's weird but nice to :) and in the sun suddenly everyone that sees them is in love!
1f60d.png
1f602.png

I hatched out 75 cemani eggs last year (the ones that hatched) and ended up with 14 solid black hens and 4 solid black roosters, the culls for the most part I treated like every other chicken and.... Ate them. And just keep the exceptional ones so I'm not making the breed muddy. I don't plan on selling them tho haha I just want to help Breed it up. Get the color out, keep some extra genetic diversity, and be helpful!
They are definitely cool! And sweet. 2 of my roosters do not crow. It's weird but nice to :) and in the sun suddenly everyone that sees them is in love!
1f60d.png
1f602.png
I want to eat one what do yhry taste like?

They to me taste more like grouse than chicken. Lol they have a somewhat more gamey flavor. But other than that it's basically the same! :)

Back
Top Bottom