Breeding Project Spring 2014

Well, my breeding project has changed yet again.
I don't know exactly what it was when I last posted, but here it is currently:

I have a GLW x white Leghorn roo over three white Leghorn hens and two gold Comet hens.
- I've hatched nine eggs from the Leghorn hens; one is chipmunk color, the others are some variety of yellow-ish white with black spots.
- I've hatched four eggs from the Comet hens; one is solid red, the others are some variety of slightly reddish versions of yellow-ish white with black spots.

I have a SLW x buff Orpington rooster over a Bantam Cochin Frizzle pullet/hen (right at POL) and one gold Comet hen.
No eggs here yet; in fact, I just found out that the roo is a roo, I've been waiting on Marigold to lay her first egg, but Marty-Boy started mating with the hens instead. Such is life.

I'm setting some eggs from a friend this weekend. =D
So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
(and I didn't even have coffee this morning) lol

Well, my breeding project has changed yet again.
I don't know exactly what it was when I last posted, but here it is currently:

I have a GLW x white Leghorn roo over three white Leghorn hens and two gold Comet hens.
- I've hatched nine eggs from the Leghorn hens; one is chipmunk color, the others are some variety of yellow-ish white with black spots.
- I've hatched four eggs from the Comet hens; one is solid red, the others are some variety of slightly reddish versions of yellow-ish white with black spots.

I have a SLW x buff Orpington rooster over a Bantam Cochin Frizzle pullet/hen (right at POL) and one gold Comet hen.
No eggs here yet; in fact, I just found out that the roo is a roo, I've been waiting on Marigold to lay her first egg, but Marty-Boy started mating with the hens instead. Such is life.

mating leads to laying so things are looking good!

Back
Top Bottom