Bresse Chickens

Pics
Good article! Thank you for posting it! So, does anyone here in the States have the grey Bresse??? I love the way they look! I have an affinity for black and white chickens!
If you are talking about the blue Bresse, Greenfire has pictures of them on their website but I don't think they are available for order yet.

Last edited:
I guess 10 years of higher education didn't teach me to read. Gray is listed on GFF's website but it looks like they have only imported white, black, and blue. So unless some other farm is importing Bresse, I guess we will have to wait on the Gray. Personally I am looking forward to the Blue. My White ones cannot stay clean. They race out into the forest and dig into rotting trees. So they are usually more dirt than white.

I guess 10 years of higher education didn't teach me to read. Gray is listed on GFF's website but it looks like they have only imported white, black, and blue. So unless some other farm is importing Bresse, I guess we will have to wait on the Gray. Personally I am looking forward to the Blue. My White ones cannot stay clean. They race out into the forest and dig into rotting trees. So they are usually more dirt than white.
More gray, than white. lol

Not well. I figured out why I couldn't seem to get the setting right on the incubator. It was leaking causing the humidity to fluctuate too much to hatch my Bresse eggs. It ruined the whole hatch. I put the machine on a towel as it said to do, so until the towel was soaked, I had no idea that it was leaking. I am returning the unit, and hope for better results from a different machine. Thanks for checking in though. I am getting some birds in the next few weeks, so I am excited about that. :)

Not well. I figured out why I couldn't seem to get the setting right on the incubator. It was leaking causing the humidity to fluctuate too much to hatch my Bresse eggs. It ruined the whole hatch. I put the machine on a towel as it said to do, so until the towel was soaked, I had no idea that it was leaking. I am returning the unit, and hope for better results from a different machine. Thanks for checking in though. I am getting some birds in the next few weeks, so I am excited about that. :)
Oh No!

I bet the air holes were plugged too. Lack of Oxygen will kill them in the later stages of incubation.

Look at it as a learning experience. The next hatch will be better!

Back
Top Bottom